"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Master Chef

Sofie and I are going to a friend's pool this afternoon while DH gets caught up on yard work and paperwork (poor guy!) so it's just an easy leftovers night whenever anyone's around, hungry and ready to eat!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Going to my cousin's house for some football and pulled pork sandwhiches....Im gonna WOW him with my homemade jerkey as a surprise.

Doesnt get much better on a lazy sunday.

"Im easy like Sunday morning"

Old 08-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Going Greek tonight.
Leg of lamb
boiled lamb heart
roasted Greek potatoes
Greek tomatoes and green beans
Greek salad
feta and olives
pita with feta and fresh spinach
and for dessert homemade vanilla cinnamin ice cream
Old 08-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Mixing cuisines a bit here, I'm thinking barbecued shrimp with hoisin/orange marmalade bbq sauce with pesto/tomato/parmesan crostini and caprese salads.

It *is* a lovely day here in SE VA - we just got back from a 7-mile bike ride in a local state park by the beach. It's 85 degrees and the humidity is low - can't get better than that
Old 08-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Had tandoori chilli and lemon roast chicken legs :o) which were reallllly delicious, chicken kebabs and roast potatoes. For dessert, we had chocolate oat cookies and a buttercream and jam sponge
Old 08-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
Executive Chef

We had a really simple dinner of roast chicken, rice pilaf, cranberry sauce, garden salad, birthday cake and ice cream.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Ours was pork tenderloin cooked in the crock-pot, then served with a glaze of prepared mustard, molasses, vinegar, peach preserves, and ginger. Buttered French-style green beans on the side. No room or desire for dessert. Too hot. Still 90 degrees here at this hour.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

who's birthday was it, fisher's mom?

i made a roast chicken that dw was wary of considering my stinker of chinken stew last night, but there were no leftovers .

i coated the boid inside and out with lemon juice, s&p, and paprika, and stuffed lemon and shallot halves inside. since the oven was on, i made real baked taters. dw made rice and steamed asparagrass.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
who's birthday was it, fisher's mom?

i made a roast chicken that dw was wary of considering my stinker of chinken stew last night, but there were no leftovers .

i coated the boid inside and out with lemon juice, s&p, and paprika, and stuffed lemon and shallot halves inside. since the oven was on, i made real baked taters. dw made rice and steamed asparagrass.
It was Fisher's 5th birthday, sort of. Actually, that was on the 3rd but since I took him to the coast for that and the oldest kids couldn't get off of work, he's had about 4 birthday cakes so far this birthday. Seems like everytime someone comes over, they bring him a birthday cake - he's liking this a lot! But you know, with 7 kids, I eat a lot of freakin' birthday cake so the magic is kinda gone for me.

I love the idea of lemons stuffed in the chicken! I'll try it next time and let you know how many ways it can be screwed up!
T
Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
Master Chef

Fired up the charcoal grill & made one of our favorites: Buffalo Chicken Sausage Sub Sandwiches - organic "Buffalo Chicken Sausages" grilled & sliced lengthwise, then piled onto grill-toasted Italian bread spread with blue-cheese dressing, Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, & chopped Romaine lettuce.