Dinner, Sunday Aug. 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Family Sunday once again, today we will be trying bourbon marinated pinwheel skirt steaks, corn on the cob,orzo with mushrooms, onions, garlic chicken broth and butter,a big green salad, platter of melons, dessert, triffle with bluberries,strawberries,nectarines,blackberries,raspberries, pound cake, vanilla custard between layers topped with a little whipped cream. We are planning to start with the deviled ham in puff pastry and there is an artichoke,jalapeno dip with crackers...That should take care of it for this week:LOL: Have a happy sunday everyone.
kadesma

a YT special marinade Chicken breast strips (I cut each into 3, so quite big) and that will be BBQ`d a bit later and served with a fine leaf salad (basic balsamic, evoo, herb/spice dressing).

baby back ribs are smoking right now ...
corn on the cob .. mashed potatoes .. maybe a couple other
little things if i feel like it .. and have time ...
its a beautiful day here in south east VA ...

YUM, Uncle Bob - I haven't had fried chicken in years.... sounds really good!

We are grilling a pork tenderloin, with roasted red potatoes and salad with blue cheese dressing and homegrown tomoatos.

Not sure what will be for dessert, I made a butter pecan bundt coffee cake for breakfast, so maybe a slice of that for dessert.

- Parmasen & almond crusted chicken thighs
- Caullifried rice
- Steamed broccoli with lemon and pepper

I just had a request for chicken baked with mustard, mashed potatoes, and maybe I'll have peas to go with that and an iceberg wedge.

Everyone's dinner sounds Great.
I have a pork loin in the crock pot. I'll make mashed potatoes and possibly either mixed veggies or steamed yellow squash.

Sofie and I are going to a friend's pool this afternoon while DH gets caught up on yard work and paperwork (poor guy!) so it's just an easy leftovers night whenever anyone's around, hungry and ready to eat!

Going to my cousin's house for some football and pulled pork sandwhiches....Im gonna WOW him with my homemade jerkey as a surprise.

Doesnt get much better on a lazy sunday.

"Im easy like Sunday morning"

Going Greek tonight.
Leg of lamb
boiled lamb heart
roasted Greek potatoes
Greek tomatoes and green beans
Greek salad
feta and olives
pita with feta and fresh spinach
and for dessert homemade vanilla cinnamin ice cream

Mixing cuisines a bit here, I'm thinking barbecued shrimp with hoisin/orange marmalade bbq sauce with pesto/tomato/parmesan crostini and caprese salads.

It *is* a lovely day here in SE VA - we just got back from a 7-mile bike ride in a local state park by the beach. It's 85 degrees and the humidity is low - can't get better than that :D

Had tandoori chilli and lemon roast chicken legs :eek:) which were reallllly delicious, chicken kebabs and roast potatoes. For dessert, we had chocolate oat cookies and a buttercream and jam sponge

Ours was pork tenderloin cooked in the crock-pot, then served with a glaze of prepared mustard, molasses, vinegar, peach preserves, and ginger. Buttered French-style green beans on the side. No room or desire for dessert. Too hot. Still 90 degrees here at this hour.

who's birthday was it, fisher's mom?

i made a roast chicken that dw was wary of considering my stinker of chinken stew last night, but there were no leftovers :chef: .

i coated the boid inside and out with lemon juice, s&p, and paprika, and stuffed lemon and shallot halves inside. since the oven was on, i made real baked taters. dw made rice and steamed asparagrass.

buckytom said:
who's birthday was it, fisher's mom?

i made a roast chicken that dw was wary of considering my stinker of chinken stew last night, but there were no leftovers :chef: .

i coated the boid inside and out with lemon juice, s&p, and paprika, and stuffed lemon and shallot halves inside. since the oven was on, i made real baked taters. dw made rice and steamed asparagrass.
It was Fisher's 5th birthday, sort of. Actually, that was on the 3rd but since I took him to the coast for that and the oldest kids couldn't get off of work, he's had about 4 birthday cakes so far this birthday. Seems like everytime someone comes over, they bring him a birthday cake - he's liking this a lot! But you know, with 7 kids, I eat a lot of freakin' birthday cake so the magic is kinda gone for me. :LOL:

I love the idea of lemons stuffed in the chicken! I'll try it next time and let you know how many ways it can be screwed up!
T

Fired up the charcoal grill & made one of our favorites: Buffalo Chicken Sausage Sub Sandwiches - organic "Buffalo Chicken Sausages" grilled & sliced lengthwise, then piled onto grill-toasted Italian bread spread with blue-cheese dressing, Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce, & chopped Romaine lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom