"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #31
Master Chef

awww, guys, laughter is sweet-where would i be without you? love posts when they drip of sarcasm, tee-hee. his/hers posts especially.
your meals look yuumy, also!

Old 02-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Corazon will appreciate this.Green chili and pork posole with all the sides and fresh flour tortillas.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #33
Master Chef

Well, tonight I made something new - "Egg Fu Yung Frittata" - lol!!! My mom used to make little individual Egg Fu Yung pancakes with this great-tasting sauce, so I still used the sauce, but made one big frittata of the ingredients instead & cut it into quarters. It was great.

The "Egg Fu Yung" itself was made from a couple of tablespoons of diced red onion, 6 fresh diced shitake mushrooms, a handfull of diced snow peas, a handful of "broccoli slaw" (a mix of julienned broccoli stems, carrot, & red cabbage), a handful of frozen green peas, a handful of thawed & diced frozen cooked shrimp, a handful of fresh bean sprouts, & 8 beaten eggs.

The sauce was a can of Campbell's condensed Golden Mushroom Soup heated & thinned with 1/3 of a can of dry sherry, 1/4 can of water, a sprinkling of granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, & 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.

It was delicious!!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #34
Executive Chef

lamb shoulder "casoulet" with garlic sausage and white beans. Mustard greens with broth n bacon. crusty semolina bread.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:58 AM   #35
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
Lunch today was all-u-can eat pizza buffet.

For dinner I went to the grocery store and got frozen pork rib patties in BBQ sauce, heated them per directions, then put them on toasted homemade french bread topped with onions and pickles and pepper. McRib ... ala Chef R :)
Old 02-26-2007, 03:32 AM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Corazon will appreciate this.Green chili and pork posole with all the sides and fresh flour tortillas.
yum! you are right! My mouth is watering. We are trying to be conservative with our green chile, we only have 2 jars left. One of my favorite meals is a boneless, thick pork chop that I cut a little pocket into. Then I stuff it with shredded cheddar and green chile. Bread it in panko and fry it in olive oil. You should try that some time. I think I started a thread a while back. I'll see if I can find it for you.

We had homemade mac and cheese for dinner. Or as Aidan called it, butterflies and cheese (I used farfalle). He loooooves mac and cheese but decided tonight that he doesn't like it anymore. I had dark chocolate dove easter eggs for dessert.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 AM   #37
Executive Chef

here it is jpmc, my New Mexico gal
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...ght=pork+chops

yikes! It's sooo late! Send me to bed!