Dinner Thursday, 4-13-2017 ~Bueller? Bueller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Are Himself and I the only people who ate today? :huh:

I made garden salads, then heated the batch of Mom's Ham & Bean soup that I made yesterday. Sent Himself to the grocery store for strawberries and he came home with those...plus a package of hot cross buns. Might have one as a snack tonight.

Whadja have? Whadja have?

To start, baguette bread and butter. I love bread and butter.

I also picked up some Zummo's boudin at the store. That is the main course.

CD

DH is out east funeral-ing. I heated up some leftover cauli-cheese soup and had a square of dark chocolate.

My daughter took me out for Surf and Turf down at Revere Beach. I ate the Surf, and was disappointed. Mayo on the bun, not mixed in the Lobster Roll along with missing any other seasoning.

Turf was a sliced roast beef on a large bun with a pile of onion rings. OR needed salt in the coating. I was really surprised at the large amount of meat. Mayo again on the bun. I would have preferred BBQ sauce. I ate most of the lobster, took the turf home for Pirate. Finished what few bites of lobster I brought home. Tossed the bun away. Very disappointing meal. But I didn't say so to my daughter. This time it was her choice, not mine. Kelly's On The Beach. The good side was that there was almost no traffic on the beach. Even the sea gulls were missing.

GD and I made a pizza with pepperoni, green pepper and onion. SO made a salad. We drank beer and wine.

Thawed three chicken breasts, made those into buttermilk breaded oven-fried chicken fingers with apricot dipping sauce, potato salad and cantaloupe. Got enough leftover chicken fingers to make chicken finger ranch wraps for lunch.

Weighed Mom yesterday--she's gained back the 7 lb she lost last summer. Compliments to the personal chef. When caring for an invalid/bedridden sr., weight loss is a concern. As are UTIs, etc.

The apricot sauce was just apricot jam, soy sauce, and bit of cider vinegar, a bit of grated ginger, heated up for about 30 sec. in the microwave. Dad asked where I got the recipe. "Out of my head." He doesn't get that I can cook without a recipe.

Last edited:
Craig made eggplant parm. 2-3 individual slices stacked with fresh moz and a bit of sauce in between, then baked long enough for cheese to melt. Buccatini on the side with more sauce.
3KBb4NDSdRpyuIuHpONhFdpdrElVghJD-D1EwtzaaMMpX92IB

Wandered through the wharf preseason tourists and stopped at our favorite place for clam chowder and calamari.. Probably the last time until tourist season is over..

breakfast was grape juice, egg, bacon and cream cheese on a bagel, Ovaltine and coffee. Lunch was ham, turkey and cheddar on a steak roll, potato chips, and a Pepsi Max. For supper I made shrimp with spicy orange sauce over linguine, which substituted for lo mein noodles and a William Henry Lake County Riesling NV

stirfried-shrimp-ck-1646432-x.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom