Dinner, Thursday, Dec 11th!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mish-Mosh: leftover red rice/sausage from the freezer for DH, tuna casserole for DS, cornbread and I had a turkey burger

No cooking for me tonight. (second night in a row!) My interpreting class is going out to dinner at a thai restaurant for our final exam!

I had no idea until Jeekins gave me an idea to use up some of my pound of goat cheese - goat cheese and roasted red pepper stuffed chicken breasts. I am going to play around with the filling and may add a few other things to it as well. I have some asparagus to use up so will steam that and probably a rice pilaf.

I've got potato/corn chowder with bacon and white cheddar bubbling on the stove. White wine and a piece of german chocolate cake for dessert.

Using Mama's recipe again (basically). Chicken fried steak.
And god I love my new knife. I need to find more stuff to cook that calls for dicing :LOL:

Attachments

• 12-11-08 chicken fried steak.jpg
    12-11-08 chicken fried steak.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 217
well it sure looks like a good attempt to me. Chicken fried steak & taters is some GOOD eats! :)

I think I just gained 3 lbs. looking at the chicken-fried steak. :dry:
:LOL:

Thanks everyone. Mama's got a good recipe, but the third time was a charm.

pacanis... that does look good! I still have yet to master CFS. I guess I need to try Mama's recipe! Well done my friend!

Thanks, Sattie. Using self-rising flour finally, like mama calls for, gave it a much better breading. As did (I'm sure) using Penzeys garlic and onion powder. I also substituted a little sriracha for some of the hot sauce in the egg wash. Very tender and loaded with flavor. I can't wait to eat the leftover one (lol).

Thank you, Marigene :)
I made two ;)

Attachments

• frying steak.jpg
    frying steak.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 337
Back
Top Bottom