Dinner Thursday January 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well sheeesh, I was going to post my dinner ideas but I'd rather just come to all of your houses. Gad, these meals sound good!

I'm just waiten on the Sears delivery service to get the new frig here for me.
But, dinner is decided upon. I didn't say it's going or even started, it's not. I will wait until the frig gets here and then go to town or maybe I'll just start the lemon cake, yea, I can do that.

I received the cookbook/magazine last week from is it Kraft? I get one every 3 months and just love them. Never toss 'em cause they're good enough to keep around. Anyway, in there is a lemon cake that you add [on top of the batter] lemon pudding and pie filling with extra lemon zest and lemon juice in there. The cake rises and the pudding goes to the bottom, DH should adore it as he adores anything lemon. Me, not so much, much prefer chocolate.
Dinner is from there too. It's pork chops, quickly cooked on both side, then you take Stove Topper stuffing, make it, combine it with whole cranberry sauce and bbq sauce, mix together, put atop of the pork chops and bake. Sounds yummy to me. I bought all the ingreds today. We'll also have brocciflower steamed with butter and avocado slices over tomatoe slices. Dinner will be good I hope.

Y'all have a great Thursday..........
Just got that Kraft book today...Need to sit and take a look, sounds like a winner.
kadesma;)

I received the cookbook/magazine last week from is it Kraft? I get one every 3 months and just love them. Never toss 'em cause they're good enough to keep around. Anyway, in there is a lemon cake that you add [on top of the batter] lemon pudding and pie filling with extra lemon zest and lemon juice in there. The cake rises and the pudding goes to the bottom, DH should adore it as he adores anything lemon. Me, not so much, much prefer chocolate.
Dinner is from there too. It's pork chops, quickly cooked on both side, then you take Stove Topper stuffing, make it, combine it with whole cranberry sauce and bbq sauce, mix together, put atop of the pork chops and bake. Sounds yummy to me. I bought all the ingreds today. We'll also have brocciflower steamed with butter and avocado slices over tomatoe slices. Dinner will be good I hope.

Wow, I will deliver your fridge personally (strap it to my aching back if I have to) if I can come for dinner! Still don't know what the guys are cooking, but I am kinda half hoping it has to do with a telephone call and a delivery driver :LOL:. Got most of the decorations done. Why do I make wedding cakes?

Wow, I will deliver your fridge personally (strap it to my aching back if I have to) if I can come for dinner! Still don't know what the guys are cooking, but I am kinda half hoping it has to do with a telephone call and a delivery driver :LOL:. Got most of the decorations done. Why do I make wedding cakes?
listen, I'm still waiting for an invite for you to teach me how to do gnocchi.
but you're welcome here anytime, bad back and all:ROFLMAO:

and yep, I'll share it via PM and I promise not to plagiarize:mellow:

listen, I'm still waiting for an invite for you to teach me how to do gnocchi.
but you're welcome here anytime, bad back and all:ROFLMAO:

and yep, I'll share it via PM and I promise not to plagiarize:mellow:

Actually I get the Kraft Magazines too. Ours are the Canadian versions and come a little later, but they usually have most of the same recipes.

I promise, as soon as this cake is done and delivered to the reception Saturday morning I will work on the gnocci lesson for you! It is really easy, I can give you step by step and post it and you can ask any questions by PM.

Hope your fridge was delivered in time for your dinner! Finally found out DH is making hamburger soup and border #1 is making traditional bannock bread! I am no longer worried....just hungry!

Well, given the anticipation of a cold night (it's about 33ºF right now - yeah I know that's not cold to some of you) I made a pot roast - just the basic chuck roast, some beef stock, a couple of bay leaves, onions, a couple cloves of garlic, carrotts and potatoes. Served with a slice of hearty brown bread I got last night.

Tomorrow? The meat will be diced, I'll add the rest of the beef stock, a few sliced button mushrooms, then make a roux and add that ... a nice thick stew! Served with more hearty brown bread.

Saturday? Probably something with country style pork ribs .....

Back
Top Bottom