"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
Head Chef

chicken fajitas with pico de gallo, 1/2 fat creme fraiche (store doesn't sell low fat sour cream, sliced alvacado, and a little cheese.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I am thawing chicken breast for chicken parmesan tonight with linguini and sauteed zucchini. I may be a little light on the sauce, so I'll either run to the market this afternoon or scrap the whole idea and get take-out. (I guess buying a can of sauce is cheaper than buying take-out, so I'll probably do that)

Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
I also have chili on the stove!
We are out of furnace fuel and cannot get more til tomorrow, so I'm trying to bake / cook all day! So far I've kept the house at 72. :)
2 batches of cookies and some french bread. We'll see how far we drop after the chili's done and decide if I need to bake some more!
I hope you guys stay warm! I don't think we could go too long without heat here, even with the stove on, it would get too cold at night. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
Cook

Baked pork chop and cabbage salad for today's dinner. I have marinated pork chops over night with my homemade seasoning (a mixture of chilli powder, salt and brown sugar). I will brush soy sauce / syrup on them before baking. For cabbage, try my best to do thinnly slice, simply mixing olive oil and balsamic vinegar, sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourgirl View Post
I hope you guys stay warm! I don't think we could go too long without heat here, even with the stove on, it would get too cold at night. Good luck!
Thanks! My husband says we can just run regular disel fuel thru it if needed so we will stop and get some after parent-teacher conferences tonight, to get thru the night. Delivery is scheduled for 8 am tomorrow.
Thank goodness for space heaters!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

dinner for a sick cook

am on the mend, but still not very hungry, so what ever keeps the blood sugar steady. something that takes five min. , grilled cheese or ?

babetoo
Old 01-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Since is up to 37' F, I am grilling marinated top sirloin, baked potatoes, portobellas, onions, and salad.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L. View Post
Since is up to 37' F, I am grilling marinated top sirloin, baked potatoes, portobellas, onions, and salad.
Sounds yummy Barb...No cooking for me tonight..Oldest son is taking us out for supper..Yippee...

Going to our favorite fish shack.

kadesma
Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #19
Executive Chef

well sheeesh, I was going to post my dinner ideas but I'd rather just come to all of your houses. Gad, these meals sound good!

I'm just waiten on the Sears delivery service to get the new frig here for me.
But, dinner is decided upon. I didn't say it's going or even started, it's not. I will wait until the frig gets here and then go to town or maybe I'll just start the lemon cake, yea, I can do that.

I received the cookbook/magazine last week from is it Kraft? I get one every 3 months and just love them. Never toss 'em cause they're good enough to keep around. Anyway, in there is a lemon cake that you add [on top of the batter] lemon pudding and pie filling with extra lemon zest and lemon juice in there. The cake rises and the pudding goes to the bottom, DH should adore it as he adores anything lemon. Me, not so much, much prefer chocolate.
Dinner is from there too. It's pork chops, quickly cooked on both side, then you take Stove Topper stuffing, make it, combine it with whole cranberry sauce and bbq sauce, mix together, put atop of the pork chops and bake. Sounds yummy to me. I bought all the ingreds today. We'll also have brocciflower steamed with butter and avocado slices over tomatoe slices. Dinner will be good I hope.

Y'all have a great Thursday..........
Old 01-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
Head Chef

spag and meat sauce. leftover chocolate cake.

Lefseiover, that lemon cake sounds good. I used to get that magazine but haven't in a while. Care to share the recipe? Thanks.