Dinner Thursday, May 7th, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
whatchya cooking?

we cooked 'bout the same as yesterday. chateua taters instead of garlic whipped.

a couple pix later if i'm not asleep before jake gets in.

I'm going to try to help my DD make an easy manhattan clam chowder with sour dough bread. Should be good, and hopefully easy.

SO picked up some dry sea scallops this morning. We will be having some pan seared scallops and a tossed salad.

I wasn't going to eat anything, until Mark came home with a chicken cobb salad.

So, I'm baking a small chicken breast with onions, mushrooms and cauliflower... I'm going to have that over a lettuce/spinach/cabbage salad, mozz cheese and champagne dressing.
yum.gif
It's not a cobb salad, but it'll satisfy my craving for a chicken salad................It might seem like a weird vegie combination, but i'm just using the fresh I have on hand.

I found a bag of Great Northern beans, soaked them and made bean soup. Had corn muffins, too.

img_819588_0_23d94af1b2ed4c643812299a50d69b5b.jpg
WoW! That looks really good... and comforting. It's been chilly the past few days, and that soup looks very satisfying!!! I'm glad you found your beans! I'll have to go out and buy some now! :)

I wasn't going to eat anything, until Mark came home with a chicken cobb salad.

So, I'm baking a small chicken breast with onions, mushrooms and cauliflower... I'm going to have that over a lettuce/spinach/cabbage salad, mozz cheese and champagne dressing.
yum.gif
It's not a cobb salad, but it'll satisfy my craving for a chicken salad................It might seem like a weird vegie combination, but i'm just using the fresh I have on hand.
img_819640_1_02aec2492d22db5467cba63c5aa787a3.jpg

Great pictures. VB, care to share your champagne dressing recipe, I'd love to have it. We were too tired to cook last night. I had some blueberries, he ate some leftover smoked pork tenderloin. He ate it right out of the container, didn't even bother with a plate. :LOL:

We had our big meal at noon yesterday...went to O'Charley's for lunch. I had Shrimp Scampi Pasta...shrimp scampi with penne pasta, fresh baby spinach, chopped fresh tomatoes cooked just until warm, topped with a few breadcrumbs, melted parmesan and extra shaved parm.

I loved it, except...whenever I have scampi out, they always go way overboard on the garlic. I love garlic, but I don't want to swim in it. Besides, eaten in vast quantities, it gives me a bellyache. :wacko:

Great pictures. VB, care to share your champagne dressing recipe, I'd love to have it. We were too tired to cook last night. I had some blueberries, he ate some leftover smoked pork tenderloin. He ate it right out of the container, didn't even bother with a plate. :LOL:
Hi Loprraine! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Creamy Champagne Dressing

1/2 cup real mayonaisse
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Honey mustard to taste to sweeten
Champagne vinegar to taste, start with a few teaspoons
salt and pepper to taste

-Simply combine all to make a dressing.
-Great for chicken salads
-Adjust quantities accordingly to increase the quantity of your dressing

Back