Dinner Tuesday, Feb 12!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ken has made reservations at a little french bistro place that I've wanted to try for some time. I'm so excited! Birthday dinner!!

I am sooooo excited. I'd give you a link, but they don't have a website. All the reviews are amazing though and the word of mouth reviews are fantastic. My daughter is particularly looking forward to trying the escargot. I don't have a clue what I'm going to try...probably everything!

Kylie must be truly engrossed in The Hobbit since this is the 3rd day someone else started the dinner thread! I'm thinking I'll so something with the leftover ham. Not sure what yet. I'm going to peruse the leftover ham thread here to get inspired.

BTW - enjoy your BD dinner Alix!

The plan is to make beef barley soup with mushrooms. Some French bread should go nicely with it.

I am sooooo excited. I'd give you a link, but they don't have a website. All the reviews are amazing though and the word of mouth reviews are fantastic. My daughter is particularly looking forward to trying the escargot. I don't have a clue what I'm going to try...probably everything!
I'll pick for you. Pate, garlic soup, mussels, steak or salmon tartare, fois gras, duck a l'orange, and if you have any money left after that, how about some crepes and cheese for desert.

Last edited:
alix, i hope kate (and edith, too :rolleyes:) gets to have escargot served in one of those special plates that have recessed pockets for the snails, butter, and persillade that they can bake the puff pastry on top of each one. yummo.

if you see it on the menu, order the belon oysters, and the cancale tower, or a charcuterie tower with fresh baugettes, butter, and raw veg like radishes, carrots, beets, and celery.

for an entree, i'd love something slow roasted in red wine, provencal style.

and for dessert, who can argue with a decadent chocolate souffle?

Last edited:
Alix, I am envious! Enjoy! :)

Tomorrow I am doing homemade burgers with salad and maybe some oven fries for TB with my new pan. You don't have to turn them and they come out awesome!

I just found out it's Mardi Gras! :LOL: I have andouille sausage in the freezer and lots of bell peppers in the fridge, so I'll be making gumbo today.

Lots of pancakes to be eaten today? I was expecting potato pancakes or lots of breakfast for dinner today.

I know I am passing up a good thing by not making pancakes today. I think it's going to be Chili burritos with a little grated cheese, onion and a dollop of sour cream.

I always make pancakes, but this year decided to pass because wheatless, sugarless, eggless, potatoless pancakes just aren't that good. :sick::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But it is strange NOT having pancakes....hopefully next year! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom