"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Baked cheddar chicken fingers, rice pilaf, garlicky sauteed spinach for me and peas for the others.
Mmm that sounds good.
It sounds like something you could try wrapping in a pita too.
More food. ;)

Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Pork chops, mac & cheese, & green beans for us tonight.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #13
Everymom

Chicken a la king on fresh bread if I can get the bread to recover! Green beans sounds good crewsk. I think I may do a green bean casserole to go with and maybe a caesar salad since none of us has to go tonight. LOL
Old 12-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
We had some unusually great weather today, so we're doing some spring cleaning around here. I'm in the mood to whip up something spectacular, but not so much in the mood to do the dishes after.

So its Chinese takeout for us tonight. Sesame chicken for her and I think I'm going to go with the Chicken Lo Mein and an egg roll.

And she'll have some snickerdoodles i made yesterday for dessert. Or appetizer. Depends how long the delivery guy takes.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
Head Chef

Tonight I am having a Sirloin Steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and a caesar salad.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #16
Head Chef

Our golf group (couples) is having a Holiday party tonight. Everyone is bringing an hors d' and we'll snack on those and drink some good wine. Later, coffee or tea and dessert.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
LEFSE, what stock do you use to make vegetarian pea soup? I have always used my old ham bones.

Oh, and with the chicken meat ball. Ground chicken, just make it like regular meatballs. Toss in an egg, some bread crumbs or cracker crumbs and some chickeny herbs and make into balls.
I use a lot of celery, carrots, onions and potatoes and that specialty chicken flavor bullion from Whole Foods that contains no chicken but the flavor is there. I make my own House Seasoning similar to PD's but it's pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. All that together and this house smells terrific. I let it simmer forever. Yes, the chicken is ground chicken in a 1 lb package and I thought it was unusual so I bought it. So, same as for regular meat balls just put in the poultry seasoning then right? Okay, will do, it's still hours before the man of my dreams gets home anyway thanks.........
Old 12-13-2006, 07:20 PM   #18
Cook

Send a message via AIM to Stinker Send a message via Yahoo to Stinker
We are having grilled pork spare ribs, potato salad and I have left over green bean casserole and some garlic bread. I parboiled the spare ribs in Louisiana Crab/Shrimp boil for about 30 minutes, then brush them with barbeque sauce and put them on the grill until the sauce is glazed on them. They are really good.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #19
Executive Chef

leftovers

leftover smoked ham and scalloped potato casserole
lefover baked sweet potato, DH has his plain, I add a dab of butter to mine
sauteed broccoli in butter with garlic and lemon juice, the very last of the fall broccoli
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Tonite, I made elk stew.