"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
Are they beef? Snappers? I have been eating these capitol half smoked sausages... Good stuff..
They are beef and pork in a lamb casing.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloni View Post
well yaaaa... living on them?
Everything in moderation is best...so I have heard.
I wouldn't deprive myself of enjoying a great hot dog once in a while
PS. I love KimChee too! Your sandwich sounds great I'm gonna try that:>)
The KimChee Rueben (I like your spelling) was to die for...I love Ruebens and the corned beef was top grade (that's what comes from working with a catering company--the meat, fruit, and veggies are great). The bread was made by a local bakery that specializes in European breads...Wish I'd brought home the makings for more so I could have another one for breakfast!

Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
Hot dogs and other processed meats are Y-U-C-K to me now. I'd eat one... if the alternative was starvation.
Um, bacon is a processed meat
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloni View Post
Potato Beef & Cheese Bake
Yum Chef, one of my old time faves there
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #35
Head Chef

Thank you for all who posted how much they do not like hot dogs.. it was really interesting to read..
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Um, bacon is a processed meat
Bacon is not processed meat! It is Heaven in a strip shape. :)

By processed I mean like ground up so much you can't tell what it is. When you look at a strip of bacon you can see it came off a pork belly.

So what is in that hot dog anyway? Pork ears? Pork noses? Pork uteruses? Pork anuses? BTW I've seen the last two available in international markets, no lie!

My objection to processed food is because unprocessed food the contaminants are on the outside, in processed food the contaminants are ground up throughout the volume, so if there's anything live in there it can't be washed off or seared off. And also the chemicals they have to add to prevent that. And I don't know I'm no authority and maybe that's all wrong, but I've seen the scientific reports that link eating processed meat to all kinds of disorders. I'm not even good enough to decide for myself whether the reports are valid, but I'm not seeing any article decrying all the false reports that eating processed food is bad for your health.

My dog likes pig ears. Unfortunately cured pig ears are too expensive now, and my dog got old and I'm worried he might harm his old teeth eating something that hard.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #37
Executive Chef

I don't read package material on stuff I know I am going to eat. And I have Beans in my ears. I like Hot Dogs. Therefore, they are good.

(Although I admit I am more likely to buy hand processed 'dogs from my meat market these days than mass produced. )

Every once in awhile I discover a product that sneaks in High fructose corn syrup in the stangest least suspecting what should otherwise be a natural ingredient. Then I ask myself Why> And stop buying it. Not to mention all the other stuff that is compounded in there.

Hot dogs are just asking for trouble.

Now, Bacon. B-aaa-y cn. 3 syllables, one vowel. Mmm. Don't tell me. Because I don't want to know. It's bacon.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #38
Executive Chef

They add HFCS because the gummint makes it a cheap axx sugar by subsidizing corn production and passing on the tab to the taxpayers who are in effect you and me paying to put HFCS in products and harm people. Think about it. The gummint taps the taxpayers to boost corn farming even though it's bad for everybody in the long term. But it's good for the economy. The economy is more important to the gummint than our health. We people being healthy does not advance the goals of politicians or special interests such as corn farmers.

Quit tilting the market to help special interests at the expense of our health. Quit trying to make crops into fuel thus raising food prices to lower fuel prices. None of us can live without food, but living with little fuel can be achieved by public transit to some degree. The gummint is always sending mixed messages.

I have one message for the gummint: get your big thumb off the scales!

Tags
dinner