Dinner Wednesday 30th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having mum over for dinner :)

I am making Creme Fraiche Chicken with a garden salad

Blackened catfish tacos with remoulade sauce, pico, guac and chips.

I had homemade beef stock in the freezer and a big bag of onions, so I made up a batch of French Onion soup last night. We'll have it tonight, along with a salad.

I had some chicken legs pulled out to fry, which is one of my daughters favorites, but as it turns out she is going out to see her friend play hockey, so she won't be coming over for dinner. Sooooo, I am thinking of making something she isn't crazy about but I am. It's Haluski night!!!Yay!!

I pulled out some smoked turkey meat left from Thanksgiving. I'll toss that into some pasta with some lemon, Basil, garlic and EVOO sauce. Toss in some grape tomato's before serving just to hot them up. Lots of parm. Salad on the side.

Homemade Wonton Soup was lunch and will probably be dinner also with a side salad.

Homemade wontons, BBQ red pork, chicken stock I made the other day, scallions, bok choy leaves, black sesame oil, hot chile sesame oil and soy sauce

img_1234433_0_aff1081fc06902319b6eca748b7879f8.jpg

It's Wednesday! Dinner out with friends night! I'll probably go for the fried shrimp and a side salad. Will bring home a sandwich for DH. If he's lucky, tonight they'll have their cheesy Reuben on special. He loves that.

Potatoes, carrots, onion, bacon and kielbasa cooked in a little beer in the DO.

Leftovers here. Spent the day securing the church and tuxes for the wedding and had lunch out with the kids. DH is teaching so no motivation to cook : )

Homemade Wonton Soup was lunch and will probably be dinner also with a side salad.

Homemade wontons, BBQ red pork, chicken stock I made the other day, scallions, bok choy leaves, black sesame oil, hot chile sesame oil and soy sauce

img_1234481_0_aff1081fc06902319b6eca748b7879f8.jpg

Here's a picture of the Chinese BBQ red pork

img_1234481_1_59f1b5d662f6804e1425991b829f41e9.jpg

And you posted the recipe???
No real recipe but this is what I did:

Pre-heat oven: convection roast 350°F.
Boneless pork loin cut into chunks
Equal amounts Ah-So red BBQ sauce and Hoisin sauce.

Coat pork in sauces on all sides
Place pork on tray.
Roast 20 minutes, turn pork and roast an additional 20 minutes or to internal temperature of 145°F

My mouth is watering over how good that looks MsM! :yum:

We're having Fajitas de Pollo with tri colored peppers tonight with flour tortillas, Mexican rice, Guacamole, sour cream and lots of cilantro over everything. Good thing we both like cilantro so much.

Nice looking pork. Yummy

My mouth is watering over how good that looks MsM! :yum:

We're having Fajitas de Pollo with tri colored peppers tonight with flour tortillas, Mexican rice, Guacamole, sour cream and lots of cilantro over everything. Good thing we both like cilantro so much.
Thank you.
I really can't wait to make spareribs. Soon I won't have to order chinese take out any more. The take out places have been so disappointing since the place I went to since I was 12 years old closed.

No real recipe but this is what I did:

Pre-heat oven: convection roast 350°F.
Boneless pork loin cut into chunks
Equal amounts Ah-So red BBQ sauce and Hoisin sauce.

Coat pork in sauces on all sides
Place pork on tray.
Roast 20 minutes, turn pork and roast an additional 20 minutes or to internal temperature of 145°F

That sounds like it would be great on chicken too.

Back
Top Bottom