Favourite foreign foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chelli

Assistant Cook
Whats everyones favourite foreign cuisine/food to make at home? I know mine is sushi, but most of the time, due to time restrictions, i end up not making it. But still, my favourite foreign food to make at home is sushi, second to that, possible curry. If i could do hibachi i would love that too. So what do you chefs out there like to cook that is out of the ordinary/not local?

Brazilian, italian, chinese, mexican, spanish, middle eastern, in that same order.

I haven't ventured out into the world with my cooking, yet. The farthest I've cooked is Italian, and that's just spaghetti...different renditions.

One nation at a time.

One person's foreign is another's everyday. I make sushi & curry nearly every other week. When I was a teenager, out to spend a summer's day with friends, we'd throw a hibachi into the trunk (boot) of our car, a bag of charcoal, stop by a market, harvest the sea skin-diving, to enjoy a meal and stories by sunset.

Robatayaki is a relatively new restaurant trend, outside of Japan. Simple grilling. Yet, not so simple. And, much more dramatic than Benihana.

My own ongoing foreign excursion is also Thai. Searching for its distinctively unique "umami," and its "asari," or freshness...

latin and asian

My would be Mexican, Filipino and Italian.

We usually have one or two cuisine in our house everyday.:chef:
yorktown-mexican-cuisine.jpg

Mexican cuisine
CTC-4003-image3.jpg

Filipino cuisine

Back
Top Bottom