Friday, Dec. 29th, What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am fixing an almost vegan lasagna. It is heavy on tofu, hummus and nutritional yeast. I added some mozzarella cheese to the mix.

What are you fixing?

It's currently only 11ºF so I won't be grilling. However, I thought I'd do burgers on the Griddler for SO and me.

We're supposed to eat again? I think I almost forgot yesterday.

I must be feeling up to cooking. I started some sour cream cucumber/onion salad. Then some potatoes, to make some meat filled potato dumplings in some kind of gravy. We've got a homemade french salad dressing, so some of that on lettuces, tomato, cucumber. And for dessert or snack, some un-iced stollen, toasted and buttered.

I guess we do have something on the menu today.

Homemade chicken noodle soup and corn meal muffins to go with this snowy day.

Leftover ham and bean soup tonight. It is cold again today, so that soup will be perfect.

cD

Trying not to create leftovers. Or a mess. Pried off some Swedish meatballs from part of a frozen package. Tossed a sweet potato in the oven. Some beet pickles and sliced dill pickle on the side.

K-l, be careful flying. Remember, thrust, not attitude, will keep you aloft. Unless, of course, you pitch down. :cool:

Just ask Sous Chef.

I grilled a rib eye this afternoon, and threw together a small tossed salad for a side. Leftover steak is put away, dishes are washed, and the kitchen is closed for the evening. Except for maybe a bowl of ice cream a little later. :yum:

Katie, that soup sounds marvelous, and I like the gifting idea that
goes with it!

We took Mom on a day trip to Sedona Arizona.
She thought that she had been there before, but
this was the first time we took her there, so,
no Mom, you've never been here before. :)

We decided to have lunch there and took Mom
to this small place that looks out over the Red Rocks,
she loved it!
On the table was
Street tacos, shrimp, chicken and carnita
Bison Burger with fries
and lastly a Chopped Salad.

As we were driving back, both Mom and DH said,
"No dinner for us!"
I had the salad, so I'm having leftover pasta, reheated
with some pesto and leftover chopped grilled chicken.

Dessert is a plethora of leftover Christmas
cookies and candies... and Mom wanted to buy
MORE candy today in Sedona... "No Mom! We still
have way too much crap at home." :LOL:

NY Strips with a sour cream mustard sauce, potato skins..

Attachments

• 26135383_10155042152942401_2077011831_n.jpg
    26135383_10155042152942401_2077011831_n.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 139
...High temperature was 8 F today...
I got to see a "2" on the car's temperature display today, and it was the first of the two digits in the number! :w00t: Don't get too excited - the second digit was a zero. [emoji38]

We came home to leftovers and lunchmeat. We also brought bread from a shop near Akron called "Breads". Baked that day from all natural ingredients, we walked out with a loaf of day-old French peasant bread, a loaf of black Russian rye, a croissant, a raspberry scone, and a baguette that they call an "epi" because of its shape.* It is cut and pulled so that there are roll sized tear-off pieces, enough for ten servings. Anyway, Himself finished the kiebasa and sauerkraut, I had a smoked turkey and smoked cheddar cheese sammie on the croissant (added mayo and fresh spinach), and Loverly was too full from her birthday dinner with a friend to eat at home. We brought Goober his own tub of leftovers to eat at home; we had to drop him off before we headed to Loverly's since he had rehearsal tonight for a local play.

*"epi" is French for ear. The sections actually look a little like pointy elf ears!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom