LIVE- from your house- It's Saturday Nite Dinner 9/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I made a tray of ground pork/ beef meatballs for the freezer today. Had to have a meatball sub for dinner. Jarred kicked up sauce and melty cheese.

I took a steak out the freezer much too late, so dinner will most likely be a midnight snack tonight. I'm thinking steak and eggs. And your not.

Make some hash browns or fried taters to go with and I like your way of thinking. It's irrelevant what I think< it's unlikely I can stay up til midnight.

Made a spinach, bacon and smoked gouda quiche using Kitchen Barbarian's pie crust mix I'm liking this mix and having it on hand makes making a pie crust a cinch. I added just enough water so that it held together when you squeezed it, then added enough vodka so that it came together in a ball while stirring. This worked fantastically easy to roll out and maybe even flakier than when I made it just with water!

Served with some 100% whole wheat artisan boule from Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day book.

Oh there will be fried potatoes, Whiska. Most assuredly. I have one russet left. And it looks like I should be able to get going on things shortly, which is good because midnight is a little late for me, too.
And you know, Hi I'm Chevy Chase and you're not. A play on tonight's theme ;)

I've never had quiche, but if I had a mind to that sounds like one I would love.

We had spaghetti and salads. DH was out working a festival today. I had planned on pot roast but then I didn't know what time he'd be home. Spaghetti is quick to throw together. I'll make the pot roast tomorrow.

I've never had quiche, but if I had a mind to that sounds like one I would love.

You're missing a whole 'nother world. They make premade pie crusts now-a-days, or make your own. Or there is Bisquik's "impossible" pies ( not as good IMO). It is the silky smooth just baked custard on your tongue and whatever flavors you add and some cheese and one or two herbs to round it up. Easy.

Quiche, or maybe it's a tart, not sure which, is on my agenda for tomorrow's football game. Not giving away all my secrets tonight though.

Made a huge full-of-stuff salad for each of us, then we'll rummage through the "little of this, little of that" in the fridge. Himself is heating up the pint of pasta fagioli his sis gave us the other day so we can each have a bit. There is also a small portion of Hoppin' John, some of last night's steak, and the breast of the rotisserie chicken I brought home to make sure there was enough. It seems to be missing its limbs...:ermm:

You're missing a whole 'nother world. They make premade pie crusts now-a-days, or make your own. Or there is Bisquik's "impossible" pies ( not as good IMO). It is the silky smooth just baked custard on your tongue and whatever flavors you add and some cheese and one or two herbs to round it up. Easy.

Quiche, or maybe it's a tart, not sure which, is on my agenda for tomorrow's football game. Not giving away all my secrets tonight though.

Thanks for the quiche endorsement. And premade crust is good in my book :)

And quiche tomorrow? Didn't I read something about hot dogs? :LOL:
The surprise is on.

Pac, you never had Quiche?

It's pie.

Savoury pie with a savoury egg custard.

And delicious.:yum:

(Works brilliantly with lovely smoked bacon by the way).

Just sayin...

Made a huge full-of-stuff salad for each of us, then we'll rummage through the "little of this, little of that" in the fridge. Himself is heating up the pint of pasta fagioli his sis gave us the other day so we can each have a bit. There is also a small portion of Hoppin' John, some of last night's steak, and the breast of the rotisserie chicken I brought home to make sure there was enough. It seems to be missing its limbs...:ermm:
That happens at my house too, but I'm the culprit. :pig:

Taxy, we both nibbled a bit when the bird first showed up. Except it seems to have been missing a drumstick and a full wing when I brought it home! :mad: I noticed the poor bird looked a little battered but I figured those pieces were tucked beneath the body. Wrong. Someone is gonna have some 'splaining to do when I go to the store next week. After all, this store is my main one for shopping and I drop, on average, $80 or so a week. With prices creeping up some I'm getting too close to $100 to suit me.

Whisk, I know you posted "LIVE- from your house- ...." but my strange brain keeps thinking "LIVE - at your house-..." Fortunately, I didn't have to chase my chicken around the yard to kill it. :LOL: I don't even bring lobsters home live! The store I buy them at steams them for free.

Thanks for the quiche endorsement. And premade crust is good in my book :)

And quiche tomorrow? Didn't I read something about hot dogs? :LOL:
The surprise is on.

Nothing wrong with a premade crust! With a premade crust, quiche is so quick and simple to make!

My other half is spoiled, he'll eat whatever I cook, but he always can tell when the crust isn't homemade and he's a crust lover.

Chili, corn bread, and chocolate pie (made from scratch filling with premade crust). You ignorant slut. ;)

I have some lamb rib chops marinating and getting ready to have their way with my grill. I got a scalloped potato bake from Costco that we all like and a cucumber and tomato salad marinating. We never got to the sashimi last night so we'll do that as well.

...My other half is spoiled, he'll eat whatever I cook, but he always can tell when the crust isn't homemade and he's a crust lover.
Mine can too, he says it feels different in his mouth. It doesn't seem to impact how much makes it into his mouth though ... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom