"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 05-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #11
Senior Cook

I made for lunch tomorrow two great sandwiches.
On home made French bread, I toasted just the outside, then on the inside I put on low fat mayo with a great mustard spread. Then I added thin sliced ham. On top of that I put thinly sliced red onion, on the top of that chopped up bacon, then some slices of cheddar cheese and swiss cheese slices on top of that. All of that "open" under the broiler until the cheeses melted down into the ingredients.
Then I added the other "toasted just on the outside" top! I
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to eat them!

Old 05-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast

Old 05-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #13
Master Chef

Like amber I also have been on a grilling kick. Tonight I grilled two chicken breasts. One breast I seasoned with garlic pepper and the other I seasoned with lemon pepper. Then I grilled two Aidell's green chile and habanero chicken sausages. The sausages I had with steamed asparagus and cottage cheese for dinner. The lemon pepper chicken breast will be used for lunch tomorrow and the black pepper seasoned chicken breast will be used to make fajitas for dinner tomorrow night.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #14
Master Chef

Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting, so I just made a quick "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal: "Soyrizo" (Frieda company's vegetarian soy-based chorizo sausage) combined with scrambled eggs & grated cheddar cheese, served with some 9-grain bread toast.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting,
Breezy, fortunately I missed all that "excitement" yesterday. My route home is right down Rt 28, which I hear was closed for hours.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:14 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast
Give up the name of the marinade!! I want to see if I can find it. I love chipotle stuff.