New fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to Dine with Us!

This is the Sub Forum where we plan a meal together and then we all prepare the same meal on the same night. We share our recipes, successes and failures (though none of us have THOSE! If you have any questions about how this would work, post in this thread. I am going to start us off with the first meal right away. Come join in!

Hi blondiecrt1 - this can take place anytime! What we have done in the past is give people several weeks notice. Because of the various locations and such I have found it better to pick one thing that everyone makes versus an entire meal from soup to nuts. It also needs to be something that most everyone can get/buy. If you have a great chicken, or pork, or steak, or beef, or blah blah, then start a new thread and "invite" everyone to dinner - It could also be a salad, or a vegetable, or a side dish of some kind. If you think your entree just wouldn't be the same without a certain side dish then post both recipes and see what kind of takers you get. It could be that over a period of days people will make the dish/meal instead of all on one night. Just don't be discouraged if not much happens. Even though we span the globe "life" has a way of interfereing with the best of intentions!

So, if you want to, start a new thread in this forum inviting everyone to dinner (pick a date) and then tell us your menu giving us recipes.

You both can be a part of this..Read kitchenelfs post in this thread to get a handle on how it's done and just post an idea,and give everyone who wants to participate time to get some ideas and your off...Good luck and I'll be watching to see what you pick and my turn to join in..
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom