Nurses Day Dinner - 5/12/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO and I are doing individual medley tonight. I'm having lasagna and a salad while she's having golobkis and a salad.

I'm cheating tonight, no reason for me to cook on Nurses Day. French Onion dip with Ruffles Potato Chips.

But, I am making Chicken Verde to take to work for a couple of days.

Sounds good, Princess!

Thank you to all the wonderful nurses for the constant and tireless round the clock care. :flowers::wub:

I've been planting flowers in pots for the back patio and front porch all day, and tending to the cooking at the same time.

Been craving smothered short ribs with veggies over mashed 'taters, so that's what's been happening here. Hope it turns out as good as the aroma whenever I come into the house. :yum:

Last edited:
My family took us out to brunch today to celebrate both Mother's Day and Souschef's birthday as we'll be out of town for his actual birthday on the 17th.
I love going out on the day before Mother's Day to beat the crowds and so my dear daughter's in law also have a day with their own kids tomorrow. I'm so lucky to have them love my sons like they do, and I'm so proud of what great Mothers they are.
Life is good.
Oh yeah...dinner.
I'm doing a mixed grill with a few wings and beef sausage, after SC did a freezer inventory and found those two small packages. I'll grill some of those little multicolored peppers also and SC will make some glorified salads.

...Thank you to all the wonderful nurses for the constant and tireless round the clock care. :flowers::wub:...
^Ditto^ :heart:

Nuthin special. We'll just graze our way through the leftovers in the fridge and other pickin's from the pantry. It's damp, it's cold, it's been cloudy all day...I'm thinking a blanky and pillow might be a better idea than eating anyway. :LOL:

I'm in Houston, and we went to a local place called Sam's for some wonderful, artery-clogging fried seafood. I had catfish and shrimps, with a side of fried okra. Yum!

Tomorrow, I do my annual "cook for mom." Well, after my semi-annual trip to church (early service :ohmy:), and my usual list of repairs and such for the whole family. I rent a pickup when I come here. :rolleyes: :LOL:

CD

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DH and I went out with a dear dear friend of ours for early dinner
and live music.
We each had a great Bacon Cheese Burger with fries, mine plate had
Okinawan Sweet Potato Fries, different, very different.
Oh and I also had acoupla local draught Beers ;)

Been craving smothered short ribs with veggies over mashed 'taters, so that's what's been happening here. Hope it turns out as good as the aroma whenever I come into the house. :yum:

Yep, it was delish, and leftovers for tomorrow! :yum:

Attachments

• smothered short ribs over mashed.jpg
    smothered short ribs over mashed.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 99
View attachment 29990

View attachment 29991

View attachment 29992

View attachment 29993

DH and I went out with a dear dear friend of ours for early dinner
and live music.
We each had a great Bacon Cheese Burger with fries, mine plate had
Okinawan Sweet Potato Fries, different, very different.
Oh and I also had acoupla local draught Beers ;)

Looks like fun, and sounds delish!

Is the recent volcano activity near you....? :ohmy: Been thinking of you kgirl, and sending up prayers for all.

Pirate bought me a small steak when he went shopping. So he salted it this morning and sautéed it in butter for my supper. It was so tender and juicy. Tomorrow he also bought a 2" thick pork chop. He gets the 1-1/2" one. With a chop that big, I don't think I will be able to eat anything else with it.

Right now I am concentrating on getting the protein in me, so that when I have the surgery next week, I should do fine. I will worry about the veggies after the surgery.

We had steak fajitas last night with guacamole, Pico de gallo, and chips.

Attachments

• 2018-05-12 18.19.03.jpg
    2018-05-12 18.19.03.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 94
We had burgers, potato salad and a salad made with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados. Add the oil and vinegar of your choice [emoji38]

My younger daughter took me to Chili's for Mother's day lunch yesterday.

We shared a salad & chips and salsa as a starter. We both had steak, mashed and broccoli entrée. I had a Mango iced tea and a frozen watermelon Rita (when Rita was 3/4 done I added some of the mango tea and WOW was that a wonderful flavor).

Back
Top Bottom