Saturday 12/11/10. What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have leftover taco meat mixture from the enchiladas yesterday, so I'm making chili.

I got out a couple of salmon filets...will owrk on what to go with later. Off to get an electronic starter put in the car and a bit of grocery shopping. I'm so craving a salad.

Didn't get to the ox tail soup the other day because we up and went out and bought a car. Long story, but has a happy ending.

At any rate, we'll finally have the soup, some homemade cornbread and peppermint pie. The soup is so incredibly rich not much else is necessary.

I've not made beef stroganoff in 30 years, but wanted to make it today, so that is what I did. It turned out okay. The problem was that I added too much sour cream as I had purchased a small container of it, but mistakenly grabbed the larger container that Frank had bought for another dish he is making later this week. :neutral:

To go with it, I made a Roasted Beet and Fresh Orange salad. It was simply delicious. It was colorful too! Perfect for December! (It has a light vinaigrette, cracked pepper, and fresh goat cheese.)

30585-albums251-picture2432.jpg

We have berry pie for dessert. Not so healthy all in all, I suppose. But gosh it is good!

~Kathleen :chef:

Last edited:
i may well make that stew from yesterday if i can trim the meat yet;
or pasta, haven't made that in awhile

The chickpea curry looks amazing and I love eggs. How long does the curry take to make?

The curry only takes about 30 mins. I did use dried beans and they took about 1/2 a day. If you used can chick peas 30 to 45 mins and you could be done.

Wow, those photos are making my mouth water. And I already had dinner. :ermm:And the Costco rotisserie chicken is hard to beat for a painless dinner. Hmmm . . . tonight's dinner was nothing fancy. Just me, cuz the wife is working late and our daughter is out with her friends.

So I kept it simple. Pulled out a package of quality locally made garlic sausage from the fridge and grilled it until I cooked almost all the fat out, and made a meal with that, a heaping helping of cucumber & bell pepper salad, and some tortilla chips and guacamole on the side.

Back
Top Bottom