Snow Day Dinner, Tuesday Feb 13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
It's icky cold for so many of us today. What are you going to have tonight?

Got a pot of red beans and ham hocks going here. Should start smelling good in about an hour.

last nights veggies were SO good...there were some left, but not many, so......I roasted some more, lol! Added a bottle of passata and its a sort of rich veg sauce.....so I'll join DH with pasta tonight and oodles of veggy sauce and cheese!

Also, I had 3 plums that needed something done with them so made a compote with them, adding some frozen berries and an apple and a teaspoon of honey. So We'll have that with some yoghurt, and maybe some crumbled cookies on top.

Keep warm my cold friends!

Although it's not cold here (windows and doors open), I have a bag of avocados that I have to use. Sounds like shrimp salad on some slice avocados to me. They are pretty small and oh so good.

Well, we're expecting 50cms of snow tonight, it's already started. I have odds and sods of cheeses, and a loaf of beautiful Italian bread going hard. So, it's cheese fondue and a salad in front of the fire.:)

I'm thinking a piece of fish would be nice with rice for a starch and mixed veggies. Guess I'll thaw out a piece of cod:)

I having a piece of baked chicken breast that I am briningand some brock/cauliflower. My DH is having ribs and fried shrimp, Iwill make a salad for him, which he will begrudingly accept. I know I've mentioned many times that he will not eat much of anything healthy. He's a very special and intellligent guy . . . yet he wonders why he feels like crap all the time!

Well, husband had to go to the ER last night with a broken tooth (& NO, I didn't hit him, nor was it due to anything I cooked - LOL!!), & is home today eating nothing but eggdrop soup & yogurt.

So, I guess I'll be cooking up the catfish I had bought for last night's dinner just for myself for dinner tonight (& lunch tomorrow), & keep pouring soup into my poor guy.

Everything here right now is a slick sheet of ice. I ain't looking forward to feeding/walking dogs & horses later on. Keep your fingers crossed I don't fall on my stupid head - lol!!!!

No snow here sadly, but on a Brighter note, I`m doing a Thai style Chicken and Mushroom curry, so I guess not All`s bad :)

We will be having the creamy bean soup I made yesterday, along with some warm french bread and butter, For DH and the kids onion sauce pork chops, some rice so they can put onion sauce on it, large globe artichokes, and blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

kadesma;)

Onion sauce pork chops? You posted that recipe somewhere right kadesma? If I search maybe I'll find? (unless you have a link right handy? :angel: )

Tomorrow will be our big snow day here. It's already getting cloudy and windy. Grocery stores are packed with panic shoppers...(ask me how I know)...

I'm slow-cooking a flank steak that will I will turn into a ropa vieja for tonight and serve it with rice and black beans. I'll top the beans with a fried egg and warm some tortillas on the side.

Alix said:
Onion sauce pork chops? You posted that recipe somewhere right kadesma? If I search maybe I'll find? (unless you have a link right handy? :angel: )
I see you found it, I'm a little slow on the draw today:LOL: Plus my oven was screaming at me to get the ding dang cobbler outta here.

kadesma:-p

Think I am making roast beef sandwiches w/melted provalone, and horseradish sauce on toasted buns, hot peppers,pickles olives, and fries.

Katie, your creamed spinach sounds really good!

I just got Sofie comfortable enough that she actually is napping (she's cutting her first molar and having a rotten time of it) so I need to1-get my butt off of here:LOL: , 2-clear some snow and then hopefully I can throw together a pot of chili. Nothing else sounds good on a night like this!

Back
Top Bottom