"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 10-22-2005, 06:53 AM   #21
Master Chef
Definitely BB King! It was at his restaurant in Memphis that I first had deep-fried dill pickle slices, and have since found them at other restaurants under the name "Lucilles". I will say that we were surprised at how good they were. One caveat: You must eat them hot, right out of the fryer.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #22
Cooking Links Contest Winner
Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
I agree! These are the best!

Originally Posted by Brianschef
I like to make what we refer to in my family as "Polish Roses". You take a nice thin slice of a good ham, spread it with a thin layer of cream cheese. Then you lay the pickle at one end and roll like an egg roll. You let them rest covered in the fridge for about 15 - 30 minutes for the cheese to firm up, then remove them to a cutting board and slice away!

We slice them a little thick, about 1/2" and serve with a nice chilled martini. Absolutely divine!!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #23
Master Chef
I also wrap a slice of very thinly pounded beef (I usually buy eye of the round roast, freeze for a few hours, cut very thin, then pound) around a pickle, then sautee. Make a gravy from the pan drippings thickened with ginger snap cookie crumbs. Yummm. Almost a trip to Germany.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote