Something for dinner at first day 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasia

Senior Cook
Croquettes with mushrooms : www.foodfrompoland.blogspot.com

INGREDIENTS:

* Cake:
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup milk
• 1 ½ cup of cold boiled water
• 2 eggs
• 1 flat teaspoon of salt
• oil for frying instead of frying in oil, you can add oil
to the dough about ½ cup

* Stuffing:
• 0,5 kg mushrooms - 17,63 oz
• 0,5 kg sauerkraut
• 0,5 kg minced meat
• 1 large onion
• salt and pepper to taste

* Coating of eggs and breadcrumbs:
• 2 eggs
• bread crumbs
• oil for frying

EXECUTION:

The dough can be prepared quickly with a mixer. It should have a consistency of thick cream. Fried pancakes on both sides with prepared dough. Then proceed to prepare the stuffing. Fry the minced meat. Slice sour cabbage and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Peel and wipe the mushrooms or cut into small. Stew on the pan and add diced onion. Then add fried meat and cabbage to the mushrooms. Stew stuffing still about 10 minutes on a low flame and seasoned to taste with salt and pepper in its sole discretion. Stuffing is allowed to stand to cool. Put the cold stuffing in pancakes and wrap as croquettes - 2 sides of the combine to middle and wrap. Coat croquettes in the egg and in breadcrumbs. Then fried to golden color. Croquettes served with red borsch. Bon Appetit.

I have a bag of white corn chips and a jar of Pace Mild Salsa, a bottle of wine as well as cheese and crackers... all of it is Holiday Sports Nutrition, so calories aren't counted!

I've just prepared some puff pastry salads with
smoked scamorza,grilled zucchini,smoked ham,salt,powdered garlic and nutmeg powder.This evening we are going to visit my parents and celebrate the 1st of January with them.:):chef:

Attachments

• DSCF2465.jpg
    DSCF2465.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF2466.jpg
    DSCF2466.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2467.jpg
    DSCF2467.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 171
Arwen, that looks so delicious! It is so good to see you posting! (BTW, I still have to get that skype account and will let you know!).

DH picked up a shift today so the roast, Yorkshire pudding (I actually found a gluten free recipe so will make both), gravy, mixed roasted veggies will have to wait until tomorrow.

Dad and I will have spaghetti with meatballs, salad and garlic bread, from a French loaf I have in my Christmas Bread machine now.

I am sorry, I meant puff pastry tarts, not salads...
thanks a lot dear Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I 've never tried Yorkshire puddind,it sounds interesting indeed!!!!!!!!My grandmother was very good at making meatballs for lasagne with tomato sauce,cheese,pepper sausages and I remember this because of past Christmases....please do register on Skp.. so we'll chat a little..by the way..I 've seen Julie and Julia and had a lot of fun!!
kisses and hugs

went to dinner for 9th anniversary. my lamb was more fat than lean. i returned that to the kitch promptly, exchanged for a steak & a comp.
appy was rather delish, drinks were fine, veggies were properly cooked, potatoes were glossy & runny, & my initial forkful contained a clove. so over garlicky neither of us liked 'em.
dogs & kraut since the iggles were closed. jake's on his 2nd bowl of cereal, after a dog/mustard, most of my steak, his steak, 2 baby loaves of bread, soup, & a pop, & a draft. & appy.

Chicken Noodle Soup with lots of garlic, onion, carrots, etc.

smoked scamorza,grilled zucchini,smoked ham,salt,powdered garlic and nutmeg powder.This evening we are going to visit my parents and celebrate the 1st of January with them.:):chef:
You have to stop posting pictures! :LOL: It's a new year, and I can't be putting on weight!

Looks delish!

what is smoked scamorza? Can I have a recipe for these pastry salads?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom