Tasty Tuesday - November 5th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's going to be a braised pork loin with bread dumplings.

img_1317070_0_c4052c4879fc6222b59eaeef5e532fcb.jpg

food bank day today & we prepared/served loads of roast beef & veg lunches in the community cafe.don't want to look another piece of meat in the (rib)eye:rolleyes:for a while yet.sooooo,i'm thinking seafood.couldn't be arsed trogging up to the shops so,if i ain't got it i ain't eating it.upon my return to chez harry i opened the freezer to be greeted with a cheery "banzai" from mr yamamoto:ermm:whence upon delving deeper i unearthed some prawns,some mussel meats & a couple of ready cleaned chipirones.had some very nice bronze die pennoni rigati in the cupboard & the usual cream,parmesan & other stuff in the fridge.the mushrooms,which were left over from sunday's stroganoff were a blessing.there is something positively sensual about the textures of mushrooms & seafood in creamy sauces imo...hubba hubba;)!!
so there you have it boys & girls,lads & lasses:
harry's super sensual pennoni rigati with prawns,mussels & chipirones in a white wine,cream,parmesan & saffron sauce.washed down with a lightly chilled red burgundy de bourgogne smoother than kojak's bonce.thank you!!

Attachments

• PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 001.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 210
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 005.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 159
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 002.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 166
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 003.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 169
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 004.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 171
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 006.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 170
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 007.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 175
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 008.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 164
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 009.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 167
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 010.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 171
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 011.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 158
  • PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    PENNONI RIGATI & SEAFOOD 014.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
It's going really well thanks! Today I was showing a "newbie" how to do things! (Obviously, I am and "old hand" after 5 days!) :LOL:
5 days already?.jeez time flies:rolleyes:.i'd take it as a great compliment for them to entrust you with the "newbie's" so soon katy.mazel tov!!

5 days already?.jeez time flies:rolleyes:.i'd take it as a great compliment for them to entrust you with the "newbie's" so soon katy.mazel tov!!

Thanks! Mind you, it wasn't exactly rocket science that I was showing her, but it does serve to remind me that I have actually absorbed some information and learned quite a lot in a pretty short time! (It's horrible being a newbie!)

Thanks! Mind you, it wasn't exactly rocket science that I was showing her, but it does serve to remind me that I have actually absorbed some information and learned quite a lot in a pretty short time! (It's horrible being a newbie!)

beaucoup trop modeste!!you're an "old hand" now katers!!
right,i'm jolly well off to the local cricket club to watch the firework display,toast me taters on the bommy & drink beer with me mates.tara luv!!

I've got a crock pot of chili cooking. Gonna have cornbread with it. If I get ambitious maybe some grilled cheese sandwiches.

Porridge - all day!

I signed up with a new doctor last week. I'd moved some time ago but against the rules stayed with old Dr as rarely need to visit. Ran out of tablets for my GRD on Sunday. New practice won't issue prescription until I've been signed up with them for a fortnight. Suggested that I go back to my doctor where I used to live and get prescription from him. All very well but my old doctor has retired and practice is closed.

Got substitute over-the-counter tablets yesterday but by that time the damage had been done and heartburn and reflux had set in with a vengeance. Now I can only eat porridge. Oatmeal is very soothing for the digestion.

So GRD isn't life-threatening but I wonder what would happen if it was heart medicine or some other urgent drug that was required.

Grumble, grumble, moan, complain!

Last edited:
Good lookin' dinner as always, Harry. :ohmy::yum: And thank you for all you do for your local kitchen/cafe. It's inspiring, and I'm sure it's very much appreciated. I've been stockpiling shelf stable things for a while now, getting it ready for the Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets. Everything helps. :)

As for tonight's dinner, not sure yet what that will be. And I know I don't feel like cooking. Might stop by Miso Sushi for some California rolls to bring home. :)

(SO's Low Carb day #2) I'll be grilling some chicken thighs on the grill and making a Caesar salad.

Shepherds' pie would certainly hit the spot.

I had to Google the baby squid, Harry. I like the variety of seafood in your dish. Great textures. Nice looking dinner.

I'm going to have spaghetti with a tomato sauce.

Waddle waddle waddle. I walked the 10 blocks or so to vote in local elections today. Treated myself to a neighborhood Mexican buffet for a late lunch. I didn't really put that much on my plate, although by the time I added a dollop of diff sauces et al the plate looked full. They make Baked chix wings in chili sauce and unspecified fruit juice glaze. Never tried them on their appy menu. Tasty, not spicy, Sticky. I had to go wash my fingers after eating two of those. I should have checked to see one was a Leftie and a Rightie and stopped right there. I also had a small enchilada w/ mole' sauce, some spicy shredded chix and Really spicy ground beef in two soft shell corn tortillas, piled w/ taco makings and a spoonful of seasoned pintos. Several small pieces of melon and pina for dessert. Total charge just under $10 before drinks, tax and drinks. No dinner for me tonight.

Spaghetti is born.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 188
Tonight I made stuffed pork chops. I mix in some dried cranberries or "Craisins" as the are called, into the stuffing before it goes into the chops. SO had mashed potatoes and I had a salad with the chops.

Back
Top Bottom