TGIF Dinner August 17/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight we're having whole wheat wraps with steak, spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and blue cheese. I love those!

Not sure what veggies will be yet. I have beets and kohlrabi in the fridge. It seems to me like those two could work together in a dish. Maybe some sort of slaw to go with the wraps.

I ended up having to scrap the beet idea, since our daughter, who hates beets, got home early from New Jersey today. So instead it was grilled asparagus to accompany the wraps.

img_1177210_0_4838941a950a4c60715b3b3bea5b796d.jpg

Yes, as a matter of fact. I use this recipe and flatten them out in my tortilla press. I haven't tried the avocado oil that's called for, but canola oil seems to work just fine.
I love avocado oil, but I generally use it on salads (and my face!). I am making tortillas tomorrow. I use a tortilla press for corn tortillas but prefer to roll flour ones out between two pieces of freezer wrap. I cook mine on my lefse griddle. Works great. Yours looked yummy and homemade--so much better than the ones you can buy in the store and so easy to make! If you can make pie crust, you can make tortillas. I often add a bit of spice to the flour--chilpolte chili, etc, to spice them up.

Last edited:
DH went golfing last night and then to Buffalo Wild Wings, so it was just me. I topped a green salad with leftover chimichurri-marinated steak, Parmesan cheese and a little Italian dressing made with red-wine vinegar. Yummy.

Attachments

• steak-salad.jpg
    steak-salad.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 154
DH went golfing last night and then to Buffalo Wild Wings, so it was just me. I topped a green salad with leftover chimichurri-marinated steak, Parmesan cheese and a little Italian dressing made with red-wine vinegar. Yummy.

GG, delicious!

Back
Top Bottom