"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
Executive Chef
I've been so trying to eat healthy - fruits, veggies and salad. Still early here, but, I have some salmon I might prepare with lemon juice and dill, rici e bisi (rice, peas & parm - much like risotto), sliced roma tomatoes - and, gasp, maybe a strawberry shortcake cup from the market. (The whipped cream is oh sooo good.)

mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #12
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.

If my chicken leg quarters thaw, will grill bbq chicken, if not burgers, corn on the cob and crusty grilled garlic bread (w/the chicken).
ps. (I always pre-bake my chicken before it goes on the grill.) Except for bnls. and wings!

Grandma's Boys - Isaiah (11) Cameron (3 )
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Cottage Pie.
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
I've got some ground beef thawing so we may have cottage pie too YT. I'm doing a short shift tonight 1500-1900 so maybe I will wait and eat at home. Work dinners haven't agreed with me much lately.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
Head Chef
It's not my night to pick, but I'm going to push for Pizza and Beer!!

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Originally Posted by lulu
Robo, what's a salisbury steak? Is it a cut?
Lulu, don't ask me how they got their name, but salisbury steak is generally oven baked (or sometimes skillet fried) formed steak made with mince, sort of a hamburger patty but often with meatloaf type additions kneaded in, and served with various sauces and gravies.

I am still in an extremely foul mood following the incident at the gym and neither in a mood to think about dinner, I don't even know when Cris will be home either, so it will be something quickly improvised, more than likely..
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
I have a pork stew going, just cubed some pork browned it then barely covered it with chicken stock and some salt, covered it and cooked it for an hour. Next I poured off the stock and saved it, in the skillet I browned the meat in I sauted some onion and garlic, added tomatoes coarsley chopped, some chopped tomatillos oregano, pinch of red pepper flakes and cumin. Added back some of the stock and let it thicken adding a little sugar. Now I have to go put the pork cubes back in and some sausages made of chicken, apple, artichokes that I sliced and get everything nice and hot. I have a pot of white rice to put the stew over and top with avocado slices and chopped white onion, corn tortillas nice and warm..Beer or something hot to drink and plain ol toffee bars for dessert...

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
Head Chef
I have no idea
Leaning towards takeout of some sorts though.
"You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand. The things you think are precious I can't understand" STEELY DAN.
JohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #19
Executive Chef
I have a beef sirloin cooking in some pasta (red) sauce until it falls apart, and having pasta on the side.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM   #20
Master Chef
I seasoned a NY steak with a blend of seasoning that a friend of mine makes. With the steak I had rice pilaf and grilled asparagus.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote