"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-26-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
Head Chef

That'za pasta Saturday, 9-26-15

Spaghetti and meta-balls , probably some lightly dressed arugula to go with. Craig's busily making the meatballs now, actually he's already done and they are in the oven. He made enough to have leftovers, maybe even enough for another meal, and for one of his favorites, a meatball pizza. Basic t-sauce already made and pulled from freezer earlier, he'll just doctor it a bit and build on the base for meatballs.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I finally got around to baking the massive tub of chicken alfredo from United Way. I doctored it up a bit with extra parm and black pepper, the original was a tish bland. I froze a cottage cheese container of the leftovers, and we still have a goodly amount in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Head Chef

OOh, I just got a taste of a meatball. He used pecorino romano instead of parm in the meatballs this time. Yummy, yummy in my tummy. Can't wait for the complete dish.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

There has been a chill in the air so I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove. I'll make a skillet cornbread and open a beer to complete the meal.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll be making pan-seared pork chops with a spicy rub of cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne, topped with a pan sauce from the fond. Twice-baked potatoes and homemade applesauce on the side. The focaccia should be cooled enough by then to serve some with dinner.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Temperature is plummeting (52 and heading south), but I refuse to let go of summer. Burgers on the grill and some leftover bean and corn salad. Had to wear the flip flops on the patio. Shoes will be required soon enough.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
Head Chef

I had lightly poached chicken thighs (in a sauce of celery, onions and thickened chicken stock) with green beans and thinly sliced potatoes pan fried (covered).

Usually I cut these potatoes thinly with a sharp knife but I bought a mandoline. Whilst it makes short work of providing finely sliced potatoes, it was a tad too thin/watery and I found my previous way produced a more crisp result....or perhaps there were too many slices in the pan. (Not sure).
Old 09-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #8
Master Chef

Tonight I made a little casserole of musgoes. I went to remove it from the oven and the dish slipped out of my hand, bounced off the oven door, slid along a lower cabinet door and skidded across the kitchen floor before it came to rest against the refrigerator.

Why me Lord!!!

It took me longer to clean up the mess than it did to make and bake the casserole, now when I go into the kitchen I look from all angles to see if I can spot any tiny slivers or shards from the poor old Pyrex casserole.

So tonight's dinner was a cup of soup, cabbage salad and a handful of pistachios.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That'za pasta Saturday, 9-26-15

Well that truly sux, AB!

If you have a piece of white bread, use that on the floor to pick up any glass shards. It works!

(Don't eat the bread afterwards. But I bet you knew that.)
Old 09-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Well that truly sux, AB!

If you have a piece of white bread, use that on the floor to pick up any glass shards. It works!
I have never heard of that before!

I will mop the floor again in the morning, I've had enough kitchen aerobics for tonight!

Tags
pasta