Today's menu, 4/1/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I got a really good deal on pig eyeballs, so I thought I would cook them low and slow with some Brussels sprouts and calves liver. For sides, we'll have sweet potato casserole with brown sugar and marshmallows.

That, or homemade cream of mushroom soup.

And you?

Last edited:
Delicate Gourmet Cat regurgitations, harvested only from the fringes of Persian rugs in the house, none from the actual patterned rug centers.

Actually, it's so dog-gone nice ( what does dog-gone actually mean?), we are grilling sticky Bbq chicken thighs and breasts with a sticky Bbq sauce. I got my beard trimmed this a.m. I will be easy to clean as needed after dinner. Marinaded tomato, cuke, onion salad. Hope Dx brings tater salad, we didn't fully discuss today, otherwise there are tater tots that can hit a grill pan. Strawberries and whip cream for afters.

I have a few items past their prime, so I'm making a stew from a half-rotted butternut squash, any potato with sprouts from the eyes, and onions with at least a two-inch sprout from the top. Will have that over the mashed potatoes I found stuffed in the back of the fridge - won't notice the mold if I add in some cheese that's slimy and stinky.

That, or creamy chicken and mushroom soup. Haven't really decided yet.

As delicious as your menus sound Dawg, Princess, Whisk, and CG :ROFLMAO:, I'm lazy this afternoon and phoned in an order for delivery from my favorite Chinese restaurant. I sure hope they don't April Fools me. :ohmy: :LOL:

This is what we actually had (no funnin') - sweet and sour beef stew in the pressure cooker, served over egg noodles, green salad on the side. I've made this in the past on the stovetop, and the pressure cooker version blows away the stovetop version.

Forgot that today was April 1, so didn't even give any thought to funnin' with tonight's dinner.

We had grilled pork steak, green beans and mac and cheese. We gobbled it up. Just enough beans and mac left to use as sides tomorrow. The piggy didn't go to market, but it went where it was appreciated.

This is what we actually had (no funnin') - sweet and sour beef stew in the pressure cooker, served over egg noodles, green salad on the side. I've made this in the past on the stovetop, and the pressure cooker version blows away the stovetop version.
Sounds yummy. Recipe please?

:LOL: @ Dawg. I knew there was no way Brussel Sprouts would be on your plate. :rolleyes: I'd rather have peepers.

Dry brined rib eye steaks are about to go on the grill. :yum: SC is making spinach salads and toaster oven tater tots on this glorious spring evening.

:LOL: @ Dawg. I knew there was no way Brussel Sprouts would be on your plate. :rolleyes: I'd rather have peepers.

Dry brined rib eye steaks are about to go on the grill. :yum: SC is making spinach salads and toaster oven tater tots on this glorious spring evening.

*peepers* :LOL:

Heh, the sprouts were the giveaway, Kay! You caught me!

The other things on my "menu" disgust me too!

Trade you for some ribeye.

Last edited:
Can I get in on that rib eye too? :yum:

DH requested pasta tonight, so ...

IMG_3304.jpg

Barilla brand dry pasta: Thick Spaghetti with homemade Marinara and Meatballs, grated Grana Padano, fresh Flat leaf Parsley (from my new pot garden :)) and a drizzle of a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Funny, my husband went to lunch yesterday with Mister Dear Friend (his childhood friend from Philly) and where did the two American-Italian boys go but to an American-Italian restaurant, and what do you think DH ate?
Rigatoni and meatballs.

"But dear, this is so different. It's Spaghetti, cooked right and your meatballs are far better then theirs"

Smart man, his momma didn't raise no fool ;)

(and that's MY April Fools, but true :))

Last edited:
Looks DELISH, kgirl. :yum: Glad I have a new supply of meatballs in the freezer, they sure do come in handy.

Don't they Cheryl?
Now that I've got my own space again, I'm trying to keep staple items in the freezer for an easy-breezy meal.
All it takes is quick defrost, popped into the oven for a few, and sauce/serve.
We have enough leftover (I over calculated on the number of needed meatballs) for sandwiches tomorrow, YUM!!! :yum:

Barilla brand dry pasta: Thick Spaghetti with homemade Marinara and Meatballs, grated Grana Padano, fresh Flat leaf Parsley (from my new pot garden :)) and a drizzle of a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Watch out there, this isn't a secure sight. :cool:

CD

Back
Top Bottom