Tuesday 10th Jan 2012 what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
Quorn fillet and barbecue sauce sandwich for us. Think I'm chucking in some chips for mum and her hubby.

Some kind of stirfry with chicken, lo mein noodles and various veggies. I have pea pods, mushrooms and onions.

Pasta , with my red gravy , cooked with Italian sausage and meatballs. Its been simmering for about 3 hrs now and looks ready. The sweet taste of San Marzano tomatoes , I've been craving! Oh and garlic bread (cabbata bagettes).

Well, DW just informed me that she has been invited out to dinner with her co-workers, so that changes my dinner plans. I'll probably stop off at the Thai place on the way home and pick up some blistering hot Beef Rendang. NOM! :yum:

Thinking stirfry here too. Got some mushrooms, sugar snap peas, carrots, etc. Either chicken or pork. Ooh, and some pineapple too.

Last edited:
i made irish turkey burgers tonight.

the burgers are called "irish" burgers because it was my paternal grandmothers recipe, a heneghan from co. mayo, that was passed down to my mom who taught me.

i started with a little over a pound of ground turkey, and mixed in a lot of sauteed onion, some shredded white bread, powdered garlic, s&p, and some dried herbs. they're pan fried open over medium high heat at first to develop a thick crust, then covered and finished over low heat so they steam a bit until cooked through. the steaming keeps them super juicy.

they're really somewhere between a burger and a mini meatloaf, each one ends up being 8 to 10 ozs..

sides were baked ore ida steak fries, and some sliced vine tomatoes.

I spent most of the day with friends eating, talking, and seeing a movie. Fun!!
It sure smelled good when I came through the door as
I pulled out the crock pot this morning knowing I'd be gone most of the day. I have potatoes, parsnips, celery, carrots, rutabaga on the bottom, and small pot roast on the top. I mixed up Lipton Onion Soup, Cream of Mushroom soup and Burgundy wine and poured it over the top. Yep, I know it's overloaded with tasty salt :ermm: Garlic bread will round out the meal.

Back
Top Bottom