Tuesday's Dinner 1/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thai Chicken Mushroom Curry.

hxwYi1q.jpg

I've had a flank steak swimming in an Asian marinade since this morning, so I'll grill it to rare and slice it against the grain to serve over Jasmine rice and stir fry veggies.

More of SC's delicious blueberry pie for dessert.

That looks so yummy Joey. I really like Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Beautiful dish Steve!

Last edited:
I have some chicken breasts that need to be used. They aren't TB's favourites (he prefers bone-in thighs) but if I make chicken strips or a stir-fry he will be happy.

I'm torn between two things. Both are pretty easy. Hmmmm.

I'll let you know what I decide. I'm sure you won't be able to sleep tonight until you know what I ate. :ohmy:

CD :LOL:

GF and I were reminiscing about old recipes today at work and we decided to go with the pork chops in cream of mushroom soup on egg noodles..So, we kicked it up a notch with home made egg noodles, roasted cauliflour, and a load of fresh mushrooms..it was quite satisfying on a cold damp night

Attachments

• 27152861_10156124275799993_276483849_n.jpg
    27152861_10156124275799993_276483849_n.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 169
I've had a flank steak swimming in an Asian marinade since this morning, so I'll grill it to rare and slice it against the grain to serve over Jasmine rice and stir fry veggies.

More of SC's delicious blueberry pie for dessert.

That looks so yummy Joey. I really like Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Beautiful dish Steve!

Dang, that marinade (chef john) was so good on that flank steak, so I just had to make Banh Mi sandwiches with it. I'm addicted to the combinations of flavors in the best sandwich in the world! To think I lived this long without it in my life till a few months ago. :chef:
Here's the ingredients for the marinade.. (boneless lean pork or flank steak)
For the marinade:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 cloves garlic, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sriracha, or to taste
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder

Last edited:
Cooked a little beef roast, low and slow, in giardiniera. Threw in some extra carrots.

Well, I guess I shouldn't keep you guys on the edge of your seats. It got late, I got lazy, and wasn't all that hungry. So, I took a roll, loaded it with deli meats and cheese from the fridge, and made a sammich.

I basically kicked the can down the road. Tomorrow I need to make one of the two things I was torn about earlier today.

CD

A gloomy weather day needs comfort food. I put a small pork loin in the slow cooker with sauerkraut, onion, and 1/2 cup of beer, and let it go all afternoon. We had that over mashed potatoes with pickled beets, braised cabbage, and fresh-made applesauce. The last of my SIL's strudel with a bit of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Attachments

• 20180123_202034.jpg
    20180123_202034.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 118
A gloomy weather day needs comfort food. I put a small pork loin in the slow cooker with sauerkraut, onion, and 1/2 cup of beer, and let it go all afternoon. We had that over mashed potatoes with pickled beets, braised cabbage, and fresh-made applesauce. The last of my SIL's strudel with a bit of vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Okay, I have to ask, how can you cook a lean cut of pork in sauerkraut all afternoon and not have shoe leather. That's how my mom cooked lean pork, and it was dry and tough every time. A fatty cut like shoulder, yeah, I cook that all day, and it is awesome, but a lean cut like pork loin... I'm not able to wrap my head around that.

BTW, not a criticism. A genuine question.

CD

I have some chicken breasts that need to be used. They aren't TB's favourites (he prefers bone-in thighs) but if I make chicken strips or a stir-fry he will be happy.

we ended up going to our favourite Pho restaurant, though neither of us had Pho. I had my usual tempura and TB had the combo pork skewers.

Back
Top Bottom