Wednesday 11/30/2011 What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Pork loin. I am planning to stuff chops with a basic herb stuffing (the same as I make on thanksgiving). I am planning on serving it with a stuffed butternut squash (apples, nuts and dried cherries/raisins) and maybe steamed broccoli.
I am undecided if I want to dress the chops with a pan gravy or a sweet and sour sauce for a bit of a change. If I go with the sweet and sour pineapple chunks may also be a side. Any opinions on the gravy vs sauce?

What is going on your table?

I'm either going with a grilled hamburger/swiss/mushrooms/ bacon burger on Italian bread or grilled shrimp enchiladas with molé.

After making a very successful sweet and sour pork yesterday (and actually being able to eat a bit of meat for the first time in almost 2 months!), I have gotten some of my passion back for cooking.

That being said, DH is doing a double shift today and won't be home for dinner (taking the rest of the pork and rice), so it is just Dad and I. I am thinking homemade waffles with the last of the pork sausage patties I made awhile ago.

VB, I will get that chicken stew made one of these days. I may have to PM you for some details! :)

After making a very successful sweet and sour pork yesterday (and actually being able to eat a bit of meat for the first time in almost 2 months!), I have gotten some of my passion back for cooking.

That being said, DH is doing a double shift today and won't be home for dinner (taking the rest of the pork and rice), so it is just Dad and I. I am thinking homemade waffles with the last of the pork sausage patties I made awhile ago.

VB, I will get that chicken stew made one of these days. I may have to PM you for some details! :)
WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO That is fantastic LP! Glad you are getting the spark back.

I like making sweet and sour pork/chicken. I never liked it out but after I made it at home the first time now I like it. Did you use a tempura batter on the pork? I do.

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO That is fantastic LP! Glad you are getting the spark back.

I like making sweet and sour pork/chicken. I never liked it out but after I made it at home the first time now I like it. Did you use a tempura batter on the pork? I do.
Thanks for the encouragement, MsM!

I normally do use a Tempura batter (made with rice flour for DH and I happen to like it better) but yesterday I did not. Dad needs everything pureed and I thought that the coating would just muddy it, plus while I am getting my strength back to cook, I wasn't sure I had enough to do that extra step. So, for the first time I just stir-fried the pork in some peanut oil just with salt and pepper and when I combined it with the sauce and pineapple it was really nice.

Thanks for the encouragement, MsM!

I normally do use a Tempura batter (made with rice flour for DH and I happen to like it better) but yesterday I did not. Dad needs everything pureed and I thought that the coating would just muddy it, plus while I am getting my strength back to cook, I wasn't sure I had enough to do that extra step. So, for the first time I just stir-fried the pork in some peanut oil just with salt and pepper and when I combined it with the sauce and pineapple it was really nice.
Hey thats great for the road back! That dish is a lot of prepping. Sounds wonderful.

BTW Did you read my post #1? What do you think - gravy (savory or slightly sweet) or sweet and sour sauce? I can't make up my mind.

BTW Did you read my post #1? What do you think - gravy (savory or slightly sweet) or sweet and sour sauce? I can't make up my mind.

I personally would go with the savory pan gravy. Your dinner sounds wonderful! Love stuffed pork. I think the pan gravy would be perfect. But that's just MHO! :)

Last edited:
I personally would go with the savory pan gravy. Your dinner sounds wonderful! Love stuffed pork. I think the pan gravy would be perfect. But that's just MHO! :)
ok thank you. Pan gravy it is! So let it be written, so shall it be done. :angel:

Missed this thread til just now. I'm working tonight, no idea what will be on the table there, but its always delish. I'll be leaving a homemade pizza for the crew here.

Going to cook a package of bulk Italian sausage and freeze some of it. I will add some in a spiffed up jarred tomato sauce and serve it with Rigatoni and garlic bread. I have all makes and models of frozen veggies, maybe broccoli on the side.

Found some hot Italian sausage in the freezer. I'll grill it and add it to a tomato sauce to serve over pasta.

The meatloaf I was going to make yesterday using a serving of sausage stuffing. I mixed it all in and added more poultry seasoning and topped with some nice meaty bacon.

Meatloaf and mashed here. I have 5 lbs of ground beef. I'll use half for the meatloaf and brown up the other half for future use. I also hope to get some beans soaking for dinner tomorrow.

left over wings, mixed vegs . buttered and seasoned up. maybe another veggie. i have not been eating enough lately. for some reason they just don't sound good to me. i usually like them better than meat. come to think of it, don't want to much to eat at all.

I guess I'm going to go with the burger. The 5 lbs of shrimp that I ordered to round out the alligator a couple weeks ago is a solid 5 lb block. They were supposed to be flash frozen. I don't feel like messing with thawing a dozen or so off of it.

Back
Top Bottom