Wednesday May 11th - Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Veggie stir-fry over rice. I had planned to work in the garden after work so I needed something quick.

DH has a turkey thawing for the weekend...since Ontario Hydro has jacked our hydro rates, we are trying to do our "big" cooking on the weekends. I am thinking this one might be maple-syrup glazed...gotta use up that maple syrup...but with aspargus--I keep going out to the patch of wild aspargus (I'm trying to beat the deer), it's not up yet...that sounds like a really good combination.

Scrambled eggs with green onions, ham and cheddar with Chipotle Tabasco. Must get the walk in before Survivor.

Get feeling better, Taxlady!

Whipped up a chicken vegetable soup as soon as I got home from work and popped a loaf of crusty artisan bread into the oven. DH put together a nice salad. Dreary rainy day here, so the soup and bread were just what we needed. ;)

I had planned Avocado Cucumber Sandwiches with smoked salmon and a creamy lemon dressing. But today it was pouring like mad out and was more of a soupy day. I didn't want to waste the lox, so I made the salads (delish) and some dairy/gluten free mushroom soup (and experiment but also tasted great). It was a nice combination and DH loved it. He is loving that I am getting my passion for cooking dinner again and I am loving that he (at least temporarily) has a 8 - 5 Monday to Friday route so he is home for dinner and I CAN cook!

I heated a small meat pie for Dad with a small protein shake. His appetite is still nonexistent.

I did Daeji Bulgogi (Spicy Korean Pork Barbecue) for dinner last night, served in a lettuce leaf with rice, radish sprouts, shredded carrots and kimchi. Really good

Back
Top Bottom