What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pumpernickel rye. I have a corned beef in the pressure cooker, will chill that in a few minutes. Got Shrek some sauerkraut. Putting some potatoes in the corned beef liquid for myself.

Pumpernickel rye. I have a corned beef in the pressure cooker, will chill that in a few minutes. Got Shrek some sauerkraut. Putting some potatoes in the corned beef liquid for myself.

With the leftovers, Swiss cheese and some Thousand Island dressing, you have yourself a Reuben sandwich. :angel:

No baking here this morning but when I woke up I just couldn't resist a couple of those peanut butter cookies with a large coffee.

With the leftovers, Swiss cheese and some Thousand Island dressing, you have yourself a Reuben sandwich. :angel:

That's what the whole meal was going for. Shrek gets the sammies, I get the beef and potatoes, a side of coleslaw and rye with butter.

I made my famous Death by Chocolate Cake. Needed to use up my last 4 eggs and a tub of sour cream and chocolate cake sounded like the best way to do that.

This is a very rich cake that does not need frosting. Usually I just dust with powdered sugar because it sets off the deep dark cakey part nicely. Today I might mix the powdered sugar with some amaretto or some baileys and make a drizzle.

This afternoon I baked some shortcakes to go with strawberries from the farmer's market. I tried using gluten-free Bisquick; didn't care much for it - they are just so-so. But cardboard topped with berries & cream would be good.

I made my famous Death by Chocolate Cake. Needed to use up my last 4 eggs and a tub of sour cream and chocolate cake sounded like the best way to do that.

This is a very rich cake that does not need frosting. Usually I just dust with powdered sugar because it sets off the deep dark cakey part nicely. Today I might mix the powdered sugar with some amaretto or some baileys and make a drizzle.

This does sound very good :yum:

The bread-baking bug still has a firm hold on me. I had planned to make some pumpernickel bread yesterday but, somehow, a sweet newborn grandson took precedence over that. Hmmmm!:rolleyes:

So, today, I made two moderately-sized loaves of pumpernickel and have a couple of baguettes of roasted garlic-rosemary on their first rise. Gonna smell darn good here pretty soon.

The bread-baking bug still has a firm hold on me. I had planned to make some pumpernickel bread yesterday but, somehow, a sweet newborn grandson took precedence over that. Hmmmm!:rolleyes:

So, today, I made two moderately-sized loaves of pumpernickel and have a couple of baguettes of roasted garlic-rosemary on their first rise. Gonna smell darn good here pretty soon.

Well that's a diversion well worth it !!

If only they could bottle that smell of fresh baked bread.

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted in this thread!

I made TB some gluten free cranberry muffins since he can finally have egg again. I can't have egg or sugar so I just had a little bite off one of his, but he had FOUR medium warm muffins for breakfast!

I guess I better start doing more! :LOL:

Next he wants pancakes! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom