What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished making a Fresh Banana Layer Cake. Omigosh! I think I'm in love.

First, it's just beautiful. Three yummy banana layers with icing and sliced fresh bananas between each one, then heavily iced with nothing short of a heavenly cream cheese-butter icing. The icing recipe didn't call for any vanilla, but I added some anyway and it seemed to round out the flavor.

Wow, just, wow! Glenn's going to be a happy man. Can't wait for dessert tonight.

Just finished making a Fresh Banana Layer Cake. Omigosh! I think I'm in love.

First, it's just beautiful. Three yummy banana layers with icing and sliced fresh bananas between each one, then heavily iced with nothing short of a heavenly cream cheese-butter icing. The icing recipe didn't call for any vanilla, but I added some anyway and it seemed to round out the flavor.

Wow, just, wow! Glenn's going to be a happy man. Can't wait for dessert tonight.

That sounds lovely Katie :yum:

I'm back! Not baking today, but while in MN I did a lot of baking--lemon muffins, Swedish Almond Cake (for a Swedish Society potluck--got "tackled" as we were leaving for my recipe), Grandma's frosted chocolate cookies with fresh strawberry wedges for Mother's Day since my mom remembers those, several rhubarb pies, horseradish popovers, baking powder buttermilk biscuits...no pics, forgot the camera.

Welcome back CWS! We missed you. Sounds like you were really busy. I hope you had a good time.:)

Welcome back. You have been missed. How are the girls. Any new babies? I know. Questions, questions, questions.

I managed to get two dozen of farm fresh eggs. I had to shame my youngest son Poo into it. He even bought a dozen for his house and finally understands why I was making such a fuss about them. He called me from work to rave about them. So while the chickens are laying, I will be in fresh eggs. :angel:

I'm back! Not baking today, but while in MN I did a lot of baking--lemon muffins, Swedish Almond Cake (for a Swedish Society potluck--got "tackled" as we were leaving for my recipe), Grandma's frosted chocolate cookies with fresh strawberry wedges for Mother's Day since my mom remembers those, several rhubarb pies, horseradish popovers, baking powder buttermilk biscuits...no pics, forgot the camera.

Great to see you back :)

Sounds like you sure have been busy in the kitchen whilst away, good to see :)

Made choc chip cookie dough today.

Read where you could put it into a gallon zip lock bag .. smoosh it down until it's all one thickness. Put in fridge until firm. Cut away ziploc bag. Cut into equal portion squares then bake.

Sounded so much easier than spoonfuls so I am trying it.

Dough in fridge. Tomorrow cut and bake .. we will see .. who knows .. square cookies may become the normal at my house !

Read where you could put it into a gallon zip lock bag .. smoosh it down until it's all one thickness. Put in fridge until firm. Cut away ziploc bag. Cut into equal portion squares then bake.

Dough in fridge. Tomorrow cut and bake .. we will see .. who knows .. square cookies may become the normal at my house !

Yum, sounds nice Mrs L :)

I use a dasher. (ice cream scoop) One less piece of equipment to wash. No dishwasher here. No more dasher. Only Dancer. Me! Around the kitchen. :angel:

It's magic! They start out square, but turn out round after you bake them!

It's magic! They start out square, but turn out round after you bake them!

I haven't been baking for months and months. All of a sudden in weather that is going to be in the 80's I want to bake. I want to try that square CC cookies. And I need to call my daughter to see if she is going to be down in her yard today. I would like to spend some time with her. And I know her husband would love to have some homemade cookies. :angel:

img_1273374_0_3e8dad149e4ef0028767d9f148de9440.jpg

img_1273374_1_4ed1da5fdb0bb3286805b391aa1cdb43.jpg

My first from scratch. I wanted to take pics of the inside, but after I cut it there was a frenzy similar to sharks feeding. I was lucky to keep my fingers...

Welcome back. You have been missed. How are the girls. Any new babies? I know. Questions, questions, questions.

I managed to get two dozen of farm fresh eggs. I had to shame my youngest son Poo into it. He even bought a dozen for his house and finally understands why I was making such a fuss about them. He called me from work to rave about them. So while the chickens are laying, I will be in fresh eggs. :angel:
Oh, dear, farm-fresh eggs will spoil you and Poo!

Back
Top Bottom