What are you baking today? | 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may sound too simple but, how about that black cake or wacky cake similar to one AndyM made recently.

It is easy, moist, dark and mighty tasty! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

OK so today I made wacky cake from a recipe that my brother's first mother-in-law gave me (he's on #3:rolleyes:) I haven't made this cake in years! Well the structure is really really good and the flavor is excellent. Color me shocked this cake hasn't even been on my radar. I didn't mix in the pan, just put everything in a bowl and beat until smooth with my 50's era Dormeyer (Kitchenaid was busy making pizza dough).

Hmmm, we'll see how this cake ages over the next couple of days, I have a feeling that it will only get better.

OK so today I made wacky cake from a recipe that my brother's first mother-in-law gave me (he's on #3:rolleyes:) I haven't made this cake in years! Well the structure is really really good and the flavor is excellent. Color me shocked this cake hasn't even been on my radar. I didn't mix in the pan, just put everything in a bowl and beat until smooth with my 50's era Dormeyer (Kitchenaid was busy making pizza dough).

Hmmm, we'll see how this cake ages over the next couple of days, I have a feeling that it will only get better.

I can tell you it is better on day two.

I've never had one make it to day three! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hope it works out for you!

I can tell you it is better on day two.

I've never had one make it to day three! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Hope it works out for you!

LOL

I've found that with all of the recipes I've made that I prefer them on days 2-3, they slice prettier and they seem more moist with more balanced flavor.

So this morning I got up and made the Eagle Brand Chocolate Chip Cheesecake for my grandson. It will be a surprise. No reason other than the last time I made it almost ten years ago, he has been telling his mother he wishes I would make another one. So I did. Only I made the larger version this time. (Boy is it heavy!) My problem is (even though it is out of the oven) I had it wrapped in foil and was going to place it in a water bath. I didn't have a pan big enough for the water. I considered putting a pan of water on the lower shelf. Would that have made a difference?

Now I just have to wait until my daughter is up and I can get his phone number to tell him to come and get it. Or better still, I might just show up at his door with it. Yeah. That is a better plan.

Now I just have to go back in the kitchen and clean up. :angel:

I've been wanting to make pretzels, I made Alton Brown's recipe, came out pretty good.

soft%20pretzel.JPG

Today we are going to make some Lemon Brownies :chef:

They look so moist and fluffy in the recipe photo and they have a lovely lemon glaze on top of them :yum:

Our lemon brownies turned out perfectly, we love them, taste very much like a lemon fudge and very sweet :yum:

Do you have a link to the recipe? I've made Paula Deen's orange brownies and they were great. They had a nice glaze on top, too. Someone I used to work with called them orangies :LOL:

Today we are going to make some Lemon Brownies :chef:

They look so moist and fluffy in the recipe photo and they have a lovely lemon glaze on top of them :yum:

Would love to have that recipie if you are willing to share:yum:

Something for my daughter who has a love affair going with lemon anything. She will be having her chemo week at the end of the month. A special present just for her. Thanks so much. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom