What are you baking today? | 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Here is our daily baking thread for 2014!

I only ate baked goods today, I didn't bake any!

I baked premade frozen gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Does that count? :chef:

I bought them to help out one of the neighbour kid's school fundraiser. I was surprised they had gluten free, and even more surprised that they are really good. We just bake a couple of cookies each when we are in the mood and that way they aren't sitting around tempting us!

I baked premade frozen gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. Does that count? :chef:

I bought them to help out one of the neighbour kid's school fundraiser. I was surprised they had gluten free, and even more surprised that they are really good. We just bake a couple of cookies each when we are in the mood and that way they aren't sitting around tempting us!

Did you turn on the oven? If so...that works:)

Whitebread and rolls.
39817-albums933-picture5816.jpg

I finally baked something! I don't bake anywhere near as much as I cook. Guess I like the main meal better than dessert? :huh: Anyway, Bakechef's Brownies recipe has been sitting on my little side table tempting me for months, so I baked it up. It's cooling in our sunroom right now - 30 degrees should get it down to eating temp right quick. They smell so good! :yum: I'll have to leave my review in the recipe thread.

I made some gluten free banana bread. It was a new recipe and I must say it wasn't the best that I have tasted. It used a lot of new ingredients that were fairly expensive and was much more dry and dense than my usual recipe. Sometimes it is best not to change things up!

I'll go months without baking, but then once I bake something I get kick-started again. Guess Bakechef's brownies did it! Anyway, my latest was using the blueberries a bought a week ago and making Blueberry-Lemon break. Breakfast will be a happy meal tomorrow!

Attachments

• 2014-01-29 01.19.10.jpg
    2014-01-29 01.19.10.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 221
Looks great, CG. I have some blueberries. I should make some muffins tomorrow with my regular gluten free recipe. It will make up for the banana bread! Thanks for the inspiration!

You're welcome LP. Glad to help you move those little blues along. Now I have some bananas that need to go to a happier place. Except I can't find the recipe someone here at DC referenced a few days ago! :ohmy: It sounded so good, but it looks like I'll have to find a different one. I used the same recipe from my BH&G cookbook for years. Now it seems too dry. I've been on the hunt for a really good Banana Bread recipe for a while now...

for the past year I have avoided baking in my tiny kitchen which has limited counter space that gets regularly bombarded with condensation from the skylight above, has a tiny electric oven, not to mention the challenge of high altitude baking. So here I am within a month of moving out and I start baking:wacko:. I had plans to stay in my sisters' new house while she is off becoming a grandmother again, and had bought ingredients to make a couple of pizzas. But another friend needed a place to stay, so she is staying there. Today I fired up the oven at my apartment and made a pear crisp and some baked potatoes. I plan to make the pizza(s) on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom