What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. We still have some reeses bars left and a few pieces of rhubarb cake. I have a couple of 12 year olds upstairs who are jonesing for something to do in the kitchen so I might toss a cookie recipe their way. I think I might make some multiple choice bars if I boot them out soon. LOL!

Finally got fed up with that shoebox-cardboard garbage they call a pizza crust up here and made my own. ;)

So, you are having pizza AND corned beef casserole? Interesting combination! But I agree, ever since I made a homemade pizza crust my guys here won't let me get anything else. Good on you!

They are really easy corazon...
the ones I've seen and done, you make a box cake, bake, poke holes in it (sometimes you dont have to poke much) and pour jello or pudding into it while its still liquid. Refrigerate and YUM!
Here's a bunch
Search Results=
I made this one for DH's bday last year, it's on July 2.
RecipeDetail
there is a cheesecake and non-cheesecake version.
When in doubt I always go CHEESECAKE!!!

the ones I've seen and done, you make a box cake, bake, poke holes in it (sometimes you dont have to poke much) and pour jello or pudding into it while its still liquid. Refrigerate and YUM!
Here's a bunch
Search Results=
I made this one for DH's bday last year, it's on July 2.
RecipeDetail
there is a cheesecake and non-cheesecake version.
When in doubt I always go CHEESECAKE!!!

what suzi said. after fridge , make frosting with instant pudding and cool whip.
my orginal was called lucious lemon poke cake.it is yummy.

this time i just made it with i had, yellow cake mix, black cherry jello and
cheesecake pudding.

it is very good, simple and tastes like a champ.if u click on her link you will also find the recipe, for lemon. just use what ever inspires you

babe:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Yes, they are! I remember making them when I was young and thinking I was a real master baker!:LOL: Last year at camp we made a 3 sheet-cake Canadian flag for July 1st and I made a white cake and swirled in red jello. I think I would have done better poking it in after baking, but the kids liked it anyway.

Bran Muffins

I use the muffin recipe off the All Bran package, but you would never recognize it when I get through with it.
I double it, and use 1/2 Cup applesauce, 2 medium bananas, 2 Cups chopped walnuts and 2 Cups of raisins,

Yesterday I tried a new combo.. 1 lg can of crushed pineapple and 12 oz of Crasins, 2 cups chopped walnuts and the zest from a large orange.

Charlie

Cranberry tart squares

This is the only way I can get DH to eat cranberry sauce, sooo...:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

In microwave, melt in 8"x2"x12" glass baking dish, 3/4 cup butter. Mix in: 1 1/2 cup APflour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 cup quick oats and 1 cup chopped nuts(walnuts or pecans work well). Remove half of the mixture, press remaining into bottom of baking dish. Spread one 15 ounce can of cranberry sauce or jelly (may use your favorite jam). Take remaining mixture and sprinkle on top. Microwave on high for 9 minutes. Place under broiler for 1 - 2 minutes to crisp! Enjoy!:-p

This is the only way I can get DH to eat cranberry sauce, sooo...:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

In microwave, melt in 8"x2"x12" glass baking dish, 3/4 cup butter. Mix in: 1 1/2 cup APflour, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 1/2 cup quick oats and 1 cup chopped nuts(walnuts or pecans work well). Remove half of the mixture, press remaining into bottom of baking dish. Spread one 15 ounce can of cranberry sauce or jelly (may use your favorite jam). Take remaining mixture and sprinkle on top. Microwave on high for 9 minutes. Place under broiler for 1 - 2 minutes to crisp! Enjoy!:-p

Oh, these are great! I make them all the time! When catering teas this item is always requested....and so easy! I usually leave out the nuts though because of allergies.

I have a copy of a friends just published food/recipe book all about coffee which I'm in the process of reviewing. I'm also trying out hid Coffee Truffle - molten chocolate, amaretto and coffee amongst teh ingredients. CAn't wait, drooling already!!!

Monster cookies! They are my favorite cookie in the whole world. Want a warm fresh one? M&Ms, chocolate chips, 1-minute oatmeal, and peanut butter are some of the ingredients... no flour! Stop me, or I'll eat a whole baking sheet full!

I'm gonna make some hot dog buns for my dinner brats. (bratwurst, not my kids :) )

Monster cookies! They are my favorite cookie in the whole world. Want a warm fresh one? M&Ms, chocolate chips, 1-minute oatmeal, and peanut butter are some of the ingredients... no flour! Stop me, or I'll eat a whole baking sheet full!

No Flour? can you PM me the recipe so I can make them for DH! He misses out on a lot of my baking and I think is getting tired of my current repetoire of gluten free goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom