What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I have been looking for a good Date Nut Bread recipe for a few years. My son loved the canned version with cream cheese, but it is no longer available. I will give this a try.:chef:

I have yet to eat this recipe, I made it for my mom last year and she really enjoyed it. I get a request for it from a co-worker every year, so it must be pretty good.

pumpkin bars to take on wed. to my granddaughter. yep on wednesday

just put sweet potato casserole in the oven. it is a yummy recipe and is always requested. then gonna frost pumpkin bars and call it a night. i am so happy that i have the energy to bake this year. last year at this time was dismal. i have so much to be thankful for this year. mostly that i am alive.

Tax Lady, that sounds yummy.
I baked three cookies. Yup, three. i'm testing a sugar cookie recipe that my friend makes evry year. They are truly yummy but the last time I tried to make them they blew up like balloons and were completely hollow inside. I can't imagine what I did wrong last year. But this year they turned out great so I put the rest in the freezer and will bake them off when it is closer to Christmas.

baked a pumpkin cheesecake. gonna put caramel pecan topping on as soon as it cools. have turkey in oven now. gonna put a scalloped pineapple dish in when bird is done. or maybe fire up my convection and do it in there. would like to be done for today, soon. am getting tired.

This evening I will be making Babetoo's Pumpkin Cheesecake. If James remembers to get ginger snaps I will experiment, using them for the crust.

:)Barbara

I'm going to bake a bittersweet flourless cake with a little bourbon added, and serve it with freshly whipped cream tomorrow.

no baking for me today, did it all yesterday. but i sure ate plenty of baked goods at my granddaughter's thanksgiving today. yummy yummy pecan pie. the pumpkin is not bad either although it is store bought.

Well I made the banana cranberry breads but I'm a little disappointed. I should have just added cranberries to my TNT banana bread recipe... this recipe I used yielded a very dense bread. It's good, but not great. I should have tweaked it by adding salt and maybe some baking soda (in addition to the baking powder). Exchanging some of the white sugar for brown sugar probably would have been good too. Maybe a little cinnamon too. Hindsight is 20/20. You bake, you learn :)

Apple Pie (made with Ideal white & brown sugar substitute)

img_941690_0_e460cf820e829f2c8bd605ec769196b6.jpg

Pumpkin Pie

img_941690_1_64c410772cbc1e5b8ecc8330b19fd60b.jpg

Apple crisp (apple pie filling topped with uncooked rolled oats, nutmeg, cinnamon, Ideal brown sugar sub & 2 pats of butter). A treat for tonight instead of attacking the pies!! LOL

img_941690_2_0967a9022665b992e53777c7071b2033.jpg

Cinnamon rolls with chopped raisins and pecans.....they are SO good:pig:, been a long time since I made cinnamon rolls, and I am having some overnight guests coming up....will put these in the freezer.....however many make it that long to cool;) .. of the 4 1/2 cups of flour, I used 3 1/2 cups King Arthur Traditional whole wheat

Attachments

• DSCN3180.jpg
    DSCN3180.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN3181.jpg
    DSCN3181.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom