What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a tray of double chocolate chip cookies and one of regular chocolate chip today. I did brown sugar shortbread yesterday and those reese's bars too.

i have guests coming over tomorrow who will stay here for 3 days,so i'm gonna be doing a lot of cooking and baking today and tomorrow. most of the prep for tomorrow's lunch will also be done today.Have to prepare and freeze a large lasagne,a batch of my home made herb-garlic rolls,creme caramel in one large bundt pan.Also will marinate some chicken today in a yogurt spice marinade,to roast and then broil in oven tomorrow.Chicken egg soup,veggies with roasts and a russian salad will be made tomorrow.Phewww....

i have guests coming over tomorrow who will stay here for 3 days,so i'm gonna be doing a lot of cooking and baking today and tomorrow. most of the prep for tomorrow's lunch will also be done today.Have to prepare and freeze a large lasagne,a batch of my home made herb-garlic rolls,creme caramel in one large bundt pan.Also will marinate some chicken today in a yogurt spice marinade,to roast and then broil in oven tomorrow.Chicken egg soup,veggies with roasts and a russian salad will be made tomorrow.Phewww....

That's quite the load! Do you have any help? Good luck, me...going to work!:)

you banana bread sounds wonderful..care to share the recipe..well no baking for me today,had a busy sunday,was out for most of the day with family and friends,had a yummy dinner at a local greek restaurant,planning to make apple crumble tomorrow hopefully...

I haven't forgotten to post the recipe... just haven't gotten around to it... will do by the end of the week! Promise!

Thanks SnickerDoodle,loved the sound of ur recipe,will be waiting for it,as i really wanna try it, but no rush,take ur time! :)

That's quite the load! Do you have any help? Good luck, me...going to work!:)

Fortunately yes i have a maid who helps me chop and cut etc,and wash dishes,which is a LOT OF help,but i've done more cooking than this without any help at all,for a long time :)

I plan on baking sponge cake today. I am having Solstice supper for 10 or 11 people on Saturday and I need sponge cake for the trifle.

no baking today just sewing my little heart out and decorating my tree. i will come to your house for dinner, sarah. wishful thinking.

Wish you could babe! but i'm on the other side of the planet...why dont i send u a virtual lunch box with some of each dish that i'm making...:LOL:

I made some bread earlier and now have a lemon pound cake in the oven. I am not really a baker, and this is the first pound cake. Let's see how this turns out. :)

just decided i am going to bake a salt dough star for my country tree. think i will tint it red. lol does that count as baking? all the toppers my granddaughter saw either didn't fit the theme or were all busted up.

just decided i am going to bake a salt dough star for my country tree. think i will tint it red. lol does that count as baking? all the toppers my granddaughter saw either didn't fit the theme or were all busted up.
May I suggest that you not tint the dough. It usually comes out pink no matter how much food color you put in. You might want to make an egg wash and tint that and spread it on the star. i think that will work better. Just a suggestion.

I baked ginger cookies (a bit disappointing) and am now working on an apple spice bread.

May I suggest that you not tint the dough. It usually comes out pink no matter how much food color you put in. You might want to make an egg wash and tint that and spread it on the star. i think that will work better. Just a suggestion.

I baked ginger cookies (a bit disappointing) and am now working on an apple spice bread.

thanks for the advice. i found a country tin star (white) that is just the right size. so won't be doing this after all. good to know, though..years ago i made many salt dough ornaments . i stained with furniture stain to look like cookies. sprayed with a clear lacquer. that was about thirty years ago. don't know where they went. i think my daughter has them. i dried them in the micro. still a time consuming task. it did look really cute though. :mellow:

thanks for the advice. i found a country tin star (white) that is just the right size. so won't be doing this after all. good to know, though..years ago i made many salt dough ornaments . i stained with furniture stain to look like cookies. sprayed with a clear lacquer. that was about thirty years ago. don't know where they went. i think my daughter has them. i dried them in the micro. still a time consuming task. it did look really cute though. :mellow:

It does sound really cute. Do you still have the instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom