"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #1621
Head Chef

Chocolate muffins/cupcakes with chocolate glaze - recipe from King Arthur Flour.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #1622
Everymom

Had a loaf of honey butter bread done for breakfast...its gone. Likely will make another for supper. Mmmmmm!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #1623
Senior Cook

I have a cold so I need something really tasty so I'm baking my sheperd's pie. Instead of hamburger, I'm using bulk sausage (fresh! a neighbor butchered a hog and I got some of it) with real potatoes and corn I cut off the cobs and canned last fall. I can actually smell the garlic and sage in it through my stopped up nose.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #1624
Senior Cook

I made a couple of batches of oatmeal raisin cookies with pecans, and an apple bundt cake. Got a loaf of bread proofing right now.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #1625
Assistant Cook

I've been trying to perfectly bake a carrot cake and poppy loaf seed bread. I follow the recipes I found but I don't seem to understand why I still can't come up with the perfect texture of the bread. I'll just try to do it again and again who knows I'll get my luck.:-)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #1626
Executive Chef

a whole wheat NYTimes bread, this is the first time this season I have made this, can't believe that....and I can't remember my technique for all whole wheat flour

it will go with the soup this week

will also roast some garlic for topping the bread

and some sweet potato chunks or slices that will get crispy in the hot oven
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #1627
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to oatmealkookie1
Would you please send me the incredible chocolate cookies recipe .. I also love to bake and always looking for new recipes to try and give to others .
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #1628
Master Chef

Pumpkin Bread
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #1629
Executive Chef

yesterday the UPS person brought me some Ceylon cinnamon, so I am trying a recipe from the bread machine manual for apple, cinnamon, raisin, whole wheat bread.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #1630
Chef Extraordinaire

yesterday i made some really really good sugarless pumpkin and cranberry muffins. subed, splenda for sugar. one half of the amount in reg. splenda and other half in brown splenda. used a banana bread (not muffin) recipes. had just better than a cup of left over pumpkin, and used it instead of bananas. added dried cranberrys. they are just great, moist and the cranberrys just the right flavor. it made one and half dozen. gave some to my granddaughter and they loved them.

Tags
rye bread