What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandchildren have been visiting all week and the oldest one has been talking about blackberry pie since his visit here last year, so....

I made him his OWN blackberry pie this morning. He shared it with us at suppertime and will take the remaining half home to Georgia with him tomorrow. It was a big hit and he ate a huge piece. He even contributed by picking blackberries with his Grandpa.

Last edited:
Grandchildren have been visiting all week and the oldest one has been talking about blackberry pie since his visit here last year, so....

I made him his OWN blackberry pie this morning. He shared it with us at suppertime and will take the remaining half home to Georgia with him tomorrow. It was a big hit and he ate a huge piece. He even contributed by picking blackberries with his Grandpa.

Sounds delicious

That's the stuff memories are made of.

Managed to stand the oven being on long enough in this heat to bake a tart crust so I could take a Fig Tart to a brunch tomorrow. I had the Fig Preserves already made and frozen for the filling.

Thankfully, the weather seems to be breaking.

when it cooled off a bit yesterday i baked milk chocolate brownies. had a little dab of milk chocolate frosting left from a cake. put that on top. bedtime snack a brownie with vanilla ice cream on it. yum yum.

For my DIL's birthday, instead of a cake, I made her chocolate cupcakes (a box mix ~blush~), frosted with peanut butter frosting, topped with a quick ganache dip. She loved them.

Made 3 tins of brownies for the nurses tomorrow. But ramped them up by using milk instead of water and added some cinnamon and chili powder plus nuts and chocolate chips. Hope they taste good.
kadesma:)

It's my day off so I finally got around to making the ricotta raspberry scones from smitten kitchen. I couldn't bring myself to use so much full fat ricotta (in fact, I mistakenly bought full fat when I'd planned to run in and buy fat free/low fat) and cream. So I used fat free greek yogurt in place of cream and some of the ricotta. Cut the pieces she recommended into 6 and stuck a fresh raspberry (the last of the season from our canes) on each and they came out a great size. I also, as usual, used less sugar so they came out a little tangy and not sweet - really good. Even my husband likes them.

We're about to make a blueberry pie from the first picking of the year. (My bushes aren't ready yet but there are plenty of places to pick.) It was part of the first meal he ever made for me 20 years ago today. (Or maybe tomorrow.)

Now, just trying to think of what to make for dinner (omelets with ricotta and chopped herbs and arugula from the garden?) for quick after tae kwon do class....

Well today I made some blueberry muffins. My boyfriend loves them so much, this is the 3rd time i've made them in the past month!

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:

3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 cup of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla

3 tbl. sugar
1 tbl. cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl mix 3 tbl. of sugar and 1 tbl. of cinnamon. Set aside. Next, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, milk, and eggs and beat well. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour until the dough is well combined and formed.

Make one inch balls with a cookie scoop or spoon. Roll each ball in the mixture of cinnamon sugar.

Place cookies on a parchment paper (or greased) cookie sheet and slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 8-10 minutes until light golden. Makes approx. 66 cookies.

Its my son's 4th birthday today (but we are celebrating tomorrow as DH is on call tonight),and i'm making him a dinosaur cake(his choice),using a betty crocker lemon cake mix,wanted to make from scratch yellow cake recipe but i have to make another 4,5 items for the party so i thought a little cheating would'nt hurt :p..lets see how it goes,will post the photos when i'm done...

Its my son's 4th birthday today (but we are celebrating tomorrow as DH is on call tonight),and i'm making him a dinosaur cake(his choice),using a betty crocker lemon cake mix,wanted to make from scratch yellow cake recipe but i have to make another 4,5 items for the party so i thought a little cheating would'nt hurt :p..lets see how it goes,will post the photos when i'm done...

Tell him Happy Birthday from Shrek and Fiona, if he knows who they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom