What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just baked a batch of oatmeal/raisin/nut cookies and 5 dozen rolls for a family dinner tomorrow.

img_734739_0_9b478254ee0da2415a0d705e899e2201.jpg

all i baked today was a sweet potato casserole to take to a dinner. last night i made a micro wave bread pudding. does that count? instead of milk i used half and half, instead of white sugar i used splenda's brown sugar. a little to sweet. will fix that next time, it was very tasty.

I haven't posted here for awhile because I haven't felt like baking, but I am getting more in the mood as I feel better. I went out with some friends as one was celebrating her birthday and I made a chocolate raspberry torte. The "cake" was 8" layers of crisp cookie wafers which when layered with chocolate whipping cream and raspberry sauce, then chilled, became nice and soft. I then drizzled chocolate ganache on the top and the individual serving plates.

It was a real hit and has gotten me in the mood to keep creating again!

Attachments

• chcolateraspberrytorte.jpg
    chcolateraspberrytorte.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 166
  • chcolateraspberrytorteside.jpg
    chcolateraspberrytorteside.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 168
  • chcolateraspberrytortesliic.jpg
    chcolateraspberrytortesliic.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 181
Wow, LPBeier, what a cake! Remind me to invite you to my next birthday party!

I may be offline for awhile as I try to figure out how best to remove the puddles of drool from my keyboard...

I haven't posted here for awhile because I haven't felt like baking, but I am getting more in the mood as I feel better. I went out with some friends as one was celebrating her birthday and I made a chocolate raspberry torte. The "cake" was 8" layers of crisp cookie wafers which when layered with chocolate whipping cream and raspberry sauce, then chilled, became nice and soft. I then drizzled chocolate ganache on the top and the individual serving plates.

It was a real hit and has gotten me in the mood to keep creating again!

OMG, will you please adopt me??? I promise I'll do dishes every night and cook every Sunday for you. Beautiful torte.

Two loaves of NYT No Knead bread in the oven right now..to go with Sausage and Lentil Soup for lunch after church.

OH Laurie.... that looks devine!!! Me would likes a bite! Um, a slice!!

Marigene... those rolls look yummy and warm.... please pass the apple butter!

After making a 12 yolk custard pie I was going to try some type of meringue cookie. BUT it seems no-yolk omelets are pretty good ....

I have to do some 'clean up' baking of the Thanksgiving overage, apples and bananas (the eggs will keep).

Apple pie with walnuts and a sliced Banana Cream Meringue pie.

This really isn't baking, but today I am going to turn the leftover ganache from my torte into truffles. But I am stepping them up a notch by adding some orange brandy. Uncle Bob? You there? LOL!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom