What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I will go into the phyllo pastry business LOL!! I made a whole pile of tourtiere triangles, spinach rolls and mushroom bundles for Christmas, then repeated it for DH's work and then again for a memorial service yesterday. Now we are going to a potluck tomorrow night and DH says he told them we would be bringing appetizers (because he thought I had loads left which I don't) so I am making more tonight!!!! Oh well, at least it is something I enjoy doing!!!!!

I think I will make some NYT bread to take as well.

whole wheat hamburger buns.....I have an overwhelming desire to make hamburgers, even though it will be in skillets on the stove, and the only fresh toppings I have are onions....will also bake off some sweet potato fries to go with

I will be trying my baguettes again today, minus the glass from the lightbulb I blew up when the last batch was in the oven.
:(
Can't do it again, I didn't replace the lightbulb yet JUST for this purpose!!!!
:)

Me and DW have THREE funeral wakes to attend today, so I'm making Oatmeal-Raisin Cake Cookies to take to each of them. Been a tough winter for old timers that we know. All three today are over 90. Good long lives.

So many goodies are on sale at the earby grocery stores but I forgot to buy anything when I picked up the sale items and bread and such that we needed.

So I baked - a yellow cake with Sprite - in a silicone Bundt pan.

I noticed yesterday that I don't have any loaf bread in the house, so I'll fire up the bread machine when I get home from the shop. By later in the afternoon I'll have 2 loaves of bread. I'll measure everything and prep my loaf pans before I leave so I can get things moving efficiently. It's so cold today, it will be nice to fire up the oven.

Me and DW have THREE funeral wakes to attend today, so I'm making Oatmeal-Raisin Cake Cookies to take to each of them. Been a tough winter for old timers that we know. All three today are over 90. Good long lives.

Oh Joe, that just sucks. I'm sorry that you've lost so many folks lately. Doesn't matter how old they are, its hard to say goodbye.

Needed an excuse to turn the oven on to heat the kitchen;) so there is a blueberry pound cake in the oven. It is so cold in the kitchen , my hands are like ice.

Holy crap... 1671 posts!! I was patiently wading through each page to see if the cookie recipe that corazon made might have been posted here :-D but am running short on time so am hoping that you could pretty pretty please PM me the recipe? if its not any trouble... although I am sure I am the 500th person to ask :P

Oh and I suppose I should contribute what I am baking today. Marbled chocolate banana bread and chocolate sheet cake, both from a Cooking Light book, for a sleepover with my gals from school for tomorrow night :-D

I just made a blueberry orange coffee cake. The price of blueberries hasn't been awful the past two weeks; and we love them so.

It's a nice big bundt pan cake, too...Plenty to have in bed with hot coffee tomorrow morning.

About the easiest cookie I know of:

CONGO COOKIES

2/3 Cup Butter
1 Pound Light Brown Sugar (about 2 1/3 cups)
3 Eggs, Beaten
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2¾ Cups Sifted Flour (Sift, Then Measure)
2½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Walnuts or Pecans)
6 Ounces Chocolate Chips

Melt butter, add to sugar and cool.

Add beaten eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture.

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add flour
mixture to butter mixture, stirring well.

Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.

Spread in buttered 13" X 9" X 2" baking pan.

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes.

Cool on rack for 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into about
36 bars; leave in pan until completely cool.

I just made a blueberry orange coffee cake. The price of blueberries hasn't been awful the past two weeks; and we love them so.

It's a nice big bundt pan cake, too...Plenty to have in bed with hot coffee tomorrow morning.

That is so funny because I intend to make Shirley O Corriher's Blueberry Whipping Cream Pound Cake once my water is turned back on. The weather has been so bad and I have been so tired that I put this baking off but I have everything in the house and I do not want anything to spoil before I get to it.

I did a really stupid thing, too. I made three banana breads and gave two away but I have been so stressed that I forgot to put mine in the freezer. It was wrapped and left in a different room (part of the house that is cooler that I don't use often) and forgotten--yes, you guessed it. It molded by the time I remembered where it was. I tossed it out, tin foil pan and all.

I can attest to the fact that stress can indeed make one forgetful. Sometimes I think dementia is catchy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom