What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next order safely dispatched, a graduation cake made by me :)
Very nice Sarah! Love your decorations!

I just made another 4 dozen peanut clusters (not really baking) for DH to replace the ones I accidentally gave out as the regular kind.

Next I will be baking some more chocolate spritz cookies and some almond cherry balls. I am hoping to get another batch of "Almond Roca" done as well for my gift packages.

I also want to make the eggnog pastry cream in case it needs tweeking for tomorrow's take on IHOP's Eggnog pancakes. Again, not really baking but wonderful sweet smells.

I may even make my mandarin orange upside down cupcakes (gluten free and regular) for tomorrow's dessert. They will be served with whipped cream/Cool whip and another pastry cream I have experimented with using a coconut cream base.

Today is prep day for the feast. Cheesecake, chocolate tart and shortbread on the agenda.

I will trade you some almond roca and mandarin orange upside down cake for some chocolate tart! :ermm:

Oh, almost forgot I have to make and blind bake some gluten free pastry for DH's tourtiere.

Just popped one of these into the fridge! I can hardly stand it ~ I so want to dip a fork into it.

_DSC0801+500.jpg

6 cups flour
2 tblsp quick rise yeast
2 tsp salt
add water to make stiff dough, about 4 cups...
nead until smooth
let rise until double, divide into 4 and make balls.
Let rise for about another hour. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
Thank you thank you!

Well I haven't started the actual baking yet, but I am trying to come up with the ultimate chocolate cupcake for a wedding I am doing in a couple of weeks. I have a great recipe - several in fact - but I have something very specific in mind. I just have a little more tweeking to do and then will start baking test batches tomorrow.

I am going for a dark dense texture and flavour and am not sure whether I want to go with a mousse or ganache filling, or chunks of chocolate that will soften while baking. I will try all three methods and see what is best. :chef:

This is for a young lady who has litteraly grown before my eyes. I think she was all of 5 when I met her and she is turning 21. I was so honoured when she asked me to do her cake. I want it to be just perfect!

Well I haven't started the actual baking yet, but I am trying to come up with the ultimate chocolate cupcake for a wedding I am doing in a couple of weeks. I have a great recipe - several in fact - but I have something very specific in mind. I just have a little more tweaking to do and then will start baking test batches tomorrow.

I am going for a dark dense texture and flavour and am not sure whether I want to go with a mousse or ganache filling, or chunks of chocolate that will soften while baking. I will try all three methods and see what is best. :chef:

This is for a young lady who has literally grown before my eyes. I think she was all of 5 when I met her and she is turning 21. I was so honoured when she asked me to do her cake. I want it to be just perfect!

Have you looked at the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can? It is so moist. It is the only chocolate recipe I now use. I have a cake pan that you have a partially hollow center. I made it for Thanksgiving dinner one year and filled it chocolate mouse and topped it with whipped cream. I have also made a batch of cupcakes and filled the center of some with vanilla pudding or with whipped cream with this recipe. :chef:

Hershey has a regular cocoa and a dark cocoa. The dark is to die for. Both of them give you a strong chocolate flavor. But the dark is even better. :chef:

Have you looked at the recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can? It is so moist. It is the only chocolate recipe I now use. I have a cake pan that you have a partially hollow center. I made it for Thanksgiving dinner one year and filled it chocolate mouse and topped it with whipped cream. I have also made a batch of cupcakes and filled the center of some with vanilla pudding or with whipped cream with this recipe. :chef:
Thanks, Addie, yes I know the recipe you mean. It is a very good one. I actually have my own chocolate cake recipe that I have developed over the years as my signature. I then play around with it depending on what is called for. Sometimes I will use just cocoa, or, as in this case a combination of cocoa and melted chocolate to make it richer and moister.

Awhile back I posted my Mom's chocolate cupcake recipe with a cream cheese/chocolate chip filling. But the bride wants just chocolate. And I have learned that the bride ALWAYS gets what the bride wants! ;)

Your chocolate mousse cake sounds divine! :)

Hershey has a regular cocoa and a dark cocoa. The dark is to die for. Both of them give you a strong chocolate flavor. But the dark is even better. :chef:
We don't get as much Hershey's cocoa here. We have a brand called Fry's which is good but is more regular cocoa. I also get a brand through my supplier that is dutch pressed. I will have to see if I can find the Hershey's dark.

I think one of the things I like best as a cake baker is experimenting. Much of my clientele of young brides are from the same source - our youth group so you don't want to always serve the same chocolate or white or lemon, etc. cake at every wedding. So I am always open to new products and ideas. That's what makes my job so fun.....I get to play with food! :LOL:

We don't get as much Hershey's cocoa here. We have a brand called Fry's which is good but is more regular cocoa. I also get a brand through my supplier that is dutch pressed. I will have to see if I can find the Hershey's dark.

I think one of the things I like best as a cake baker is experimenting. Much of my clientele of young brides are from the same source - our youth group so you don't want to always serve the same chocolate or white or lemon, etc. cake at every wedding. So I am always open to new products and ideas. That's what makes my job so fun.....I get to play with food! :LOL:

How much cocoa do you need? I can get it here LP and wouldn't mind picking it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom