What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some pumpkin spice muffins!

SG1L0015.JPG

Did some recipe testing today. Made carrot cake, red velvet cake, and a yellow butter cake. I did 1/2 batches just to try them out, so I have 1 layer cakes that I will feed to friends tomorrow.

getting things ready for making sesame walnut crackers tomorrow and several loaves of cranberry bread. I also plan to do cinnamon rolls my first crack at them wish me luck
kades

Last edited:
Yesterday I made "stuffing bread" I made a white bread dough and put Bell's poultry seasoning in it. Baked up nice and made the house smell wonderful, I made stuffing with it and it was great!

SG1L0035.JPG

Yesterday I made "stuffing bread" I made a white bread dough and put Bell's poultry seasoning in it. Baked up nice and made the house smell wonderful, I made stuffing with it and it was great!

SG1L0035.JPG
Another YUMMY creation!!

Just baked "puffs" (pate a choux) to be stuffed with chicken salad. They will be traveling to DD's baby shower tomorrow :)

View attachment 12398

Wow, those look good! When I lived in NY my grandma would buy similar rolls. She called them butterbits. I grew up having them, filled with tuna, chicken and egg salad. They were usually served at birthday and holiday time.

Last edited:
Another YUMMY creation!!
YUM! I have a phobia to making bread. I wish I could create bread like that.

I have a bread that I want to try, but I don't think it will turn out, because I will have to use Splenda and frozen berries. From what I've read, things turn out flat when use Splenda.

SG1L0035.JPG
BC not in a month of Sundays would I think of doing that so thanks. Do you just use it for stuffing or can you toast it.
I am making a new recipe for brown soda bread today so if it works I will post pics

BC not in a month of Sundays would I think of doing that so thanks. Do you just use it for stuffing or can you toast it.
I am making a new recipe for brown soda bread today so if it works I will post pics

Yes you can, it would also make a nice turkey sandwich. Before making stuffing, we ate some with butter.

YUM! I have a phobia to making bread. I wish I could create bread like that.

I have a bread that I want to try, but I don't think it will turn out, because I will have to use Splenda and frozen berries. From what I've read, things turn out flat when use Splenda.
I bake with Ideal sugar sub. It doesn't hurt the volume like Splenda.

I lost my aunties recipe for pumpkin bread and haven't had a good one since. Can you share your recipe please?

This is the one I use, I follow it to the letter, I have found no reason to change it.

It makes 2 large 5x9" (standard size loaf pan) or 4 of the smaller foil pans, I put 1 pound 2oz. in each for the smaller foil pans. Never made it in mini pans so I don't know what the yield is in those.

I have made a bunch of money baking from this recipe, everyone seems to love it.

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com

This is the one I use, I follow it to the letter, I have found no reason to change it.

It makes 2 large 5x9" (standard size loaf pan) or 4 of the smaller foil pans, I put 1 pound 2oz. in each for the smaller foil pans. Never made it in mini pans so I don't know what the yield is in those.

I have made a bunch of money baking from this recipe, everyone seems to love it.

Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Thank you for the recipe BC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom