What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We baked for tomorrows lunch at our senior center.
My son made yeast rolls, I made pumpkin pies, and we both prepared the pineapple cheesecake dessert.

I received my Ideal sweetner so I am planning to make corn muffins.

Mini corn muffins for breakfast.

img_916556_0_d0384faf77b87754bfe5f983e7b67b35.jpg

That looks great! :)

That looks great! :)
Thank you Chrissy. Those were made with regular sugar.

These Corn muffins were made with Ideal Brand sweetener for baking.
We are really happy with the flavor. Hub said they tasted better than the regular sugar muffins.

img_916577_0_92a2b3b332b570ed3a0a57608b5809fb.jpg

Tonight I'm baking a New York Style Cheesecake. The recipient wanted a cherry topping, so I'm digging out a package of my frozen cherries to make the topping. She earned the cheesecake by walking me through the pitfalls of applying for disability for DH. He got disability and she gets the cake:chef:

I made the Spinach/Feta/Peppadew muffins from this month's "Bon Appetit". I don't like feta, so I subbed some fresh chevre. They turned out really great, and so pretty, too! The recipe made a dozen muffins, so most are going into the freezer.

Just pulled a few whole wheat loaves from the oven and have dough rising in the fridge that I made with some fresh rosemary, basil & garlic from the garden. It will be baked into a 12" bun for a muffaletta for the Steelers game on Sunday.

Well now that the weather has turned cooler I will be baking a lot more. Today I baked Peach Cobbler from fresh peaches, along with Black Bean Brownies and a nice loaf of banana bread. I had the very ripe bananas in the freezer. It seems that when I make my bread from frezer bananas the bread gets a lot moister.

This afternoon I baked some darling little chocolate Madeleines, the most delicious, moist French tea cakes of them all. They also taste ace with morning coffee. I made an a** load - 60! In my house there are many gannets.

Tonight I'm baking a New York Style Cheesecake. The recipient wanted a cherry topping, so I'm digging out a package of my frozen cherries to make the topping. She earned the cheesecake by walking me through the pitfalls of applying for disability for DH. He got disability and she gets the cake:chef:

That is my favourite way to "pay" for help.....with food! Sounds like a yummy deal. But sorry to hear your DH is on disability.

I actually didn't bake this today - it was an order last weekend but I thought I would show a picture. The birthday boy (and his Mom) were very pleased. They took them to a Vancouver Canadians minor league game (hence the C).

Today I am decorating a 6" heart cake I had in the freezer from a canceled wedding cake order. It is still nice and fresh and just needs some fondant and decorations for My MIL's birthday.

Edit - the picture is of the baseball cupcakes I described in the first paragraph.

Attachments

• BaseballCupcakes.jpg
    BaseballCupcakes.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Aren't those heart cakes pretty?! Beautiful, I bet they taste great. :)

Actually, those are the baseball cupcakes - they are chocolate. But thank you so much for your compliment.

The heart cake is one that I am just working on decorating now and will post a picture later. It is cappuccino with a mocha buttercream filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom