"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Shannon - my cake was from a box too - but was not what I expected. My DH picked this up from Costco - I was expecting a chocolate type brownie on top with gooey fudge on the bottom. This was a dry cake-like texture on the bottom with white frosting. It said to cook for 20 minutes and let it sit 45 minutes before eating. Well, we ate it about 2 hours later (timing with dinner and the oven) so I don't know if that made a difference. It sounds like you liked yours, wish I could of tasted it!

Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #22
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Shannon - my cake was from a box too - but was not what I expected. My DH picked this up from Costco - I was expecting a chocolate type brownie on top with gooey fudge on the bottom. This was a dry cake-like texture on the bottom with white frosting. It said to cook for 20 minutes and let it sit 45 minutes before eating. Well, we ate it about 2 hours later (timing with dinner and the oven) so I don't know if that made a difference. It sounds like you liked yours, wish I could of tasted it!
ohhhh, this one was a molten triple fudge cake... chocolate cake mix, with fudge squeezie stuff before baking to makeit gooey, then fudge drizzle.... ooohhh, I need chocolate NOW! Where's the kids' V-day candy?!?!?!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Oh, Shannon, that does sound good and worth the calories. Mine was basically a chocolate cake with white frosting. I used to make a chocolate gooey thing years ago, I will have to dig through the cookbooks for the recipe.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #24
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie
Oh, Shannon, that does sound good and worth the calories. Mine was basically a chocolate cake with white frosting. I used to make a chocolate gooey thing years ago, I will have to dig through the cookbooks for the recipe.

kraft's molten lava cakes and paula deen's chocolate gooey butter cake rock!! Txgirl posted a ooey goeey chocolate pie a while back that looks heavenly too!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #25
Cook

I did meat loaf and mashed potatoes. I added garlic and cheese to the potatoes.
Got a phone call from my parents just as I was putting the loaf in the oven. Mentioned that I was making it. They had meat loaf too. Thought it was kinda funny.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
i had some pasta (tri-colored rotini is my superfave) with an uh-oh sauce... the plan was to sautee the veggies, then add in the marinara to effectively deglaze the pan, like usual. only after i cooked the veggies all up (red onion, mushroom, carrots, baby spinach, garlic, oregano, rosemary) did i realize the pantry was EMPTY of red sauce. so i just deglazed with the SUPER red wine i was working on (solaz' tempranillo/cab '03, spicy & tannic, go get some), and tossed with shredded parmesan & some lebanese feta. yummy!
Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS
kraft's molten lava cakes and paula deen's chocolate gooey butter cake rock!! Txgirl posted a ooey goeey chocolate pie a while back that looks heavenly too!
Paul Deen's gooey butter cakes are the best! I haven't tried the chocolate but the banana is awesome. I will have to try to the chocolate!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #28
Head Chef

Last night I made a roasted chicken with lemon pepper, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and green beans and some home made gravy. That's going to be dinner tonight as well.