What are you making Today, Other Than Reservations! 5-8-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We are having sliders done on the grill. Beef only for Karen, beef and bulk andouille for me. Leftover tater salad and coleslaw for sides.

Reservations?! We don't need no stinkin' reservations!

We started the day with SO's request for brunch: Bloody Marys with pickled asparagus and celery, French toast with butter and maple syrup, bacon and cappuccino.

SO's favorite dinner tonight, of course.

Stuffed flank steak and roasted butternut squash.

A number of restaurants are having their outrageously priced Mother's Day brunches today, significantly more expensive than a good dinner. Not worth going out.

Daughter, SIL, and grandbaby are coming over for dinner this afternoon. I'm making chicken masala in the pressure cooker, which I made once before and we both liked it.

Easy 30-Minute Pressure Cooker Chicken and Chickpea Masala | Serious Eats

Last edited:
My apartment was chilly today so I roasted a beer can chicken.

Tonight will be a salad, chicken and ??? or maybe a Buffalo chicken salad with blue cheese dressing.

I mixed up a blend of Penzey's BBQ3000, onion powder, and roasted garlic and rubbed it on some chicken thighs. I'll fire up the Weber and grill them later this afternoon. Sautéed fresh string beans with mushrooms and toasted sliced almonds will be the side. :yum:

Last edited:
Sadly, SO is not feeling well. So tonight's dinner will be deferred to Monday. Not sure what we'll be eating. Maybe some soup for SO and a coupe of hot dogs for me.

I think I've died and gone to heaven. I'm eating mine right now...Chicken Masala in the pressure cooker over rice. I've make a few things that have been better than this, but not many.

We're having pan seared Mahi Mahi with Lemon Pepper Butter, Cauliflower fried rice, and leftover grilled veggies from last night.

A few changes here tonight. I used my new griddle pan for the fish, seasoned with Penzey's Bangkok blend, plus salt and rubbed with olive oil.
For the cauliflower fried rice, I adapted Medtrain's basic fried rice to include chopped bacon and peas. I gotta have peas. Her stir fry sauce as written is the best I've ever used, and I'd challenge anyone to know mine wasn't really rice. Hope this is helpful for someone.

Last edited:
We did "blupper", basically breakfast foods for a combined lunch-supper. It was the ingredients from last night's planned breakfast for supper - homemade sausage patties, scrambled eggs, hash browns, fruit salad. Also made a tube of Grands biscuits. Later, we got a wee bit hungry and nibbled a bit on the small pieces of yesterday's chicken (wings, drumsticks).

Back
Top Bottom