What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, a little different than traditional PF... but the spicy sausage was on sale and I thought "hey, why not?"
(it helps that I like my Pasta Fagioli nice and spicy).
my dad didn't like traditional PF. my mom never made traditional PF. she made a white PF with sausage, beans, garlic, olive oil, parsley and medium ditalini. it is a thick sauce and is served over the ditalini. i love it and make it that way.

Left-over beef fajitas. The beef had been marinated in a fajita seasoning of crushed red peppers, salt, green chillies, cumin, cilantro, and lime juice. Then browned in Evoo and tossed in onions and peppers last minute so that they still had a little snap to them when eaten. On the warmed flour tortillas (we don't like corn tortillas) we spread a hot bean dip (Fritos brand works amazingly well) then a Mexican 3 cheese shredded cheese mix with fresh diced tomato, chiffonade lettuce, and then topped with a little sour cream. This made for some hearty fajitas and I could only eat 2.

I had a leftover homemade cheeseburger on a whole wheat bun with mustard and sweet pickle relish.

I truly love cheeseburgers!

Attachments

• burger in heaven.jpeg
    burger in heaven.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 158
I had a leftover homemade cheeseburger on a whole wheat bun with mustard and sweet pickle relish.

I truly love cheeseburgers!

I too love cheesburgers, or hamburgers as well ... IMHO, they don't always need cheese :) The best burgers I've had have been from bars ... the seasoned flat top they grill them on gives them awesome character and the grease that runs down my arm when you bite in is heaven :-p Not to mention the crispy cheese that run down the side to the hot grill ...

When watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares one time, we got an idea from him ... and oddly enough we call it Ramsay's Burger :rolleyes: I know ... creative huh?

There were no measurements, so we had to kind of play with it a little. But he used about 5 lbs ground chuck, 3 egg yolks, a little Dijon mustard, a good amount of ketchup (just remember not too much or they wont hold together ... opt for less if unsure), a large diced red onion, and a little worchestershire, and S&P to taste. His recipe was for many servings, so we toned it down through trial and error ... and the errors were quite comical sometimes and frustrating others. These should be grilled for best results, but pan frying or broiling works well too. We changed from ground chuck to ground sirloin due it's lack of fat, it held up better to the flame ... but the first time we did, we were cooking it for my mother who had come to town and I forgot that sirloin doesn't shrink like ground chuck ... the burgers ended up HUGE. They loved the recipe, but laughed at me for some time about how big they were :rolleyes:

Is there a burger thread on here? I would love to go drool over it if there is :)

Too early for lunch here. LOL. HOWEVER, my breakfast looked more like a lunch. I had the last of the green bean casserole and a couple pieces of turkey and gravy. And coffee...which reminds me, I need more!

They had a potluck at work today for someone's birthday, but I didn't bring anything..... BUT, :ermm: I took of scoop of scalloped potatoes with kielbasa and a handful of Doritos. I brought a small salad and cup of applesauce.

Next time there's a birthday... I will bring Swedish meatballs or something. :chef: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom