What did you have for lunch today, if anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YUM, I want mine with beans, please!

I didn't have a lunch as I was out and about.

It only happened because I was out of BBQ sauce and was too lazy to make some. It cooked all day driving DH to distraction. I'm having more of the same for my "lunch" tonight.

YUP barbara. i like the mac and cheese pizza and the cini buns!!

CiCi Pizza Buffet (click)
James and I like to go there now and then, although we haven't been in awhile.

Parents love it because it is super casual and you can actually afford to feed the whole family. A lot of ball coaches bring their teams there as well. I like being able to try different kinds of pizzas without having to order a whole one. Their salad bar is pretty good too. :cool:

:)Barbara

James and I like to go there now and then, although we haven't been in awhile.

Parents love it because it is super casual and you can actually afford to feed the whole family. A lot of ball coaches bring their teams there as well. I like being able to try different kinds of pizzas without having to order a whole one. Their salad bar is pretty good too. :cool:

Before I moved to WA state, I worked at Pizza Hut (3rd time in 20 years) for a brief stint. They had a similar buffet for lunch, one night during the week and on Sunday afternoon...... different pizzas, breadsticks, dessert breadsticks and dessert pizza... plus, the salad bar. It was small, but they had a great one, even though it was little.

Last edited:
Before I moved to WA state, I worked at Pizza Hut (3rd time in 20 years) for a brief stint. They had a similar buffet for lunch, one night during the week and on Sunday afternoon...... different pizzas, breadsticks, dessert breadsticks and dessert pizza... plus, the salad bar. It was small, but they had a great one, even though it was little.
A nearby Pizza Hut has a good buffet as well. :cool:

Today after church we stopped at the grocery store and bought tons of stuff for sandwiches (some we will freeze). James had Black Forest ham and cheddar cheese on onion rolls, and I had Cajun turkey and Swiss cheese on jalapeno/cheese focaccia. Yum!

Asian Burger; with sweet potato fries.
Pattie seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, soy sauce and green onions. Topped with swiss cheese onions and mushrooms. Onions were caramelized then mushrooms were added. This was braised in home made teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki sauce: sake, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and garlic.

4301528682_f2bf55b4a8_b.jpg

Asian Burger; with sweet potato fries.
Pattie seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, soy sauce and green onions. Topped with swiss cheese onions and mushrooms. Onions were caramelized then mushrooms were added. This was braised in home made teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki sauce: sake, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and garlic.

4301528682_f2bf55b4a8_b.jpg
I wish I was having that for lunch! Looks a might better than the pepperoni pizza I'm going to have. :neutral:

Well I was out running errands so I broke down and had a double-cheese burger and fries at Bruger King. It was really good.. I haven't had BK in a LONG time.

An odds and ends sandwich of leftover cold cuts and cheese. Minestrone soup. The fridge is looking bare, just in time for shopping on Tuesday.

It's cloudy and below freezing here, so I wanted something warm and quick but also something I haven't had in a long while, so I fixed a Welsh rarebit.

I made personal pizza ( 12 inch size) from no knead bread dough. The dough had powdered vermont cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasonings, pepper, which I had mixed in a small container ready for use for other breads ( the seasonings were in the container) My pizza consisted of diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. The dough was flavorful too. I used my cuisinart oven, since I had bread baking in the regular oven.

Hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes. Comfort food. I saved a bit of the gravy to experiment with, added some curry and it was excellent, willl tighten it up a bit more and put in puff pastry shells with lids for a curried meat pie.

ravioli sounds delish!

I made Mark a turkey/mayo sandwich with a handful of tortilla chips, banana, pickle and cottage cheese......bottle of water too.

I'm having chicken-noodle soup with either tortilla chips or a sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom