"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #1041
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I like to have pb on my toast when I eat my sunny eggs, and onions in with my homefries. But, never in that combo. I could probably give it a go by lunch time, but, not that early in the morning....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I love diced raw onions, peanut butter and cheese, grilled. We've had this discussion before when everyone thought I was nuts.
I'm so glad I commented. I thought people were weird having PB 'n onions. I'm willing to explore new frontiers, to go where no man (or woman) has gone before...

RL, my breakfast is often 11 o'clock, almost lunch by most standards. Up to about a year ago I was a morning guy. I was usually up by 6 o'clock. Now I pretend to be asleep until at least 8, and drinking coffee and Internet takes most of my mornings until 10 or so.

So maybe I'm discussing lunch and calling it breakfast.

PF I'm going to try fried egg 'n peanut butter with either fresh onions or sauteed onions. If I like it then we can be co-nuts!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #1042
Chef Extraordinaire

Who is to say what is unusual for breakfast. Go to a foreign country and eat your breakfast with the natives.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #1043
Head Chef

I'm getting proficient at making Jack in the Box style Breakfast Jacks. The buns they use are firmer than the overly airy fluffy ones I buy at the store. Multi million dollar restaurant companies have vendors that make things like buns made to their exact specifications. My microwave egg cooker is soooo much better than using a metal ring to cook the eggs.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #1044
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
For the last 12 weeks, my breakfast has consisted of egg whites, turkey bacon, light whole wheat bread, oatmeal with skim milk topped with cinnamon and blueberries, baked sweet potato with a side of light cottage cheese and I feel incredible!!! I may have shedded a few pounds too! :)
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #1045
Chef Extraordinaire

Cinnamon toast crunch cereal with milk.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #1046
Chef Extraordinaire

I keep eating the same old thing--fresh eggs. Today's were poached on chopped kale (frozen from last year's harvest). I have stopped eating bread--I find it gives me gas.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #1047
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
For the last 12 weeks, my breakfast has consisted of egg whites, turkey bacon, light whole wheat bread, oatmeal with skim milk topped with cinnamon and blueberries, baked sweet potato with a side of light cottage cheese and I feel incredible!!! I may have shedded a few pounds too! :)
What do you do with the yolks?

(Don't tell me the yolk is on me...)
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #1048
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I keep eating the same old thing--fresh eggs. Today's were poached on chopped kale (frozen from last year's harvest). I have stopped eating bread--I find it gives me gas.
It seems like wheat is being added to the long list of things we should avoid. I have cut way back myself and have noticed my life long "mystery" allergies are practically gone. But I haven't been able to cut it out all together.
As for breakfast....
Mmmm...home made greek yogurt is my morning staple lately. My poor hens. All their work for nothing!
Once and a while I make sweet potato hash and eggs. Oh my gosh.....Yeeum!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #1049
Executive Chef

Home baked durum hard rolls with liederkranz cheese.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #1050
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Heard on a Harvard żor Yale? medical program last Sunday that hydrogen sulfide helps prevent digestive tract cancer.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt