What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ham, eggs over easy, hash browns and toast. It was supposed to be breakfast, but Sister inlaw phoned and we were all on the phone until noon! :/ breakfast became brunch. Dinner will be moved to a later time as well. :)

For us, it was Blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup (a great batch of syrup). To remember my Dad and Stepfather, it was fried eggs basted with bacon grease, bacon for DW, and link sausage for me. To remember my Mother, I've got date-filled cookies in the oven as I type this. They will be going with us to my Sister's house tonight. Got to skype with Sprout, PAG, and their hubbies, and my DGD's. I got to watch them open their gifts, and dance around in tutus, that Sprout made them. They were very cute, and wished us a merry Christmas, well, the older one did anyway. The little one doesn't speak well yet, though she delights in saying hi. Got to talk with the other son, his DW, and my other grandkids. It was phenomenal as well.

But then, I'm off topic. So, See ya later.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I had to use up those shrimp I bought on impulse Christmas Eve Day. Steamed shrimp dipped in melted butter with chopped up fresh dill--your fault, Addie. Darn, they were good. I have the "juice" left from steaming them, and the shells. Now I have to make a stock using the shrimp shells, some lobster shells I have in the freezer, and some mussel shells that are also hiding in the freezer (if I can find them...I'm thinking a seafood bisque is on the menu for New Year's Eve...).

I had to use up those shrimp I bought on impulse Christmas Eve Day. Steamed shrimp dipped in melted butter with chopped up fresh dill--your fault, Addie. Darn, they were good. I have the "juice" left from steaming them, and the shells. Now I have to make a stock using the shrimp shells, some lobster shells I have in the freezer, and some mussel shells that are also hiding in the freezer (if I can find them...I'm thinking a seafood bisque is on the menu for New Year's Eve...).

We New Englanders sure do know how to eat seafood. Glad you enjoyed them. :angel:

We New Englanders sure do know how to eat seafood. Glad you enjoyed them. :angel:

Us Great Lakes Yoopers love our seafood as well. DW and I had steak and shrimp for our Christmas Eve supper. The shrimp was steamed in butter and garlic, in a pan with the lid on until just pink. They were so tender and well flavored. The steak promised to be great. It was a nicely marbled rib eye, and was cooked to just where I wanted it, medium rare. Unfortunately, though the texture was very good, the steak was very bland, with little fo that beef flavor I was looking for. So the shrimp was the star of the meal.

But this is supposed to be a breakfast thread. I'm going now.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Gut a bowl full of walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, and almonds that I've been working on with the nutcracker for my morning good eats. Haven't cooked anything. Maybe I'll crack some pecans into some raisin bran, and drizzle on some honey and milk for bruchn. That sound pretty yummy to me right now. Oh, wait, I just looked at the clock. It's almost 2:00 p.m. I guess that wold make this snack time.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We were at mom's this morning for breakfast. She had an array of sweetbreads: Banana, poppy/almond & homemade donuts with fresh fruit & flavored coffee's. It was a wonderfully relaxing morning.

This morning I am having some Shreddies, which is a UK cereal that we got from a specialty shop here for Steve for Christmas as he used to eat them all the time when he lived back in England...he loved the surprise!

I am privileged to be able to have some this morning :LOL:

Coffee right off to start. Scrambled eggs, sausage patties, Wheat english muffin, fresh pineapple. Do I get the prize?

Back
Top Bottom