What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have leftover smoked turkey with a side of wild rice.

Today's breakfast was pitiful, but tasty. I was in a hurry to get out fo the door in time to make it to work, and had spent a little extra time doing other things this morning. So I drank about ten ounces of ice water, with which to wash down my diabetes meds, and grabbed two "Cher-Make Natural Casing Wieners, (my favorite brand, currently) threw them into the microwave for 30 seconds, and ate them as I headed for the car. So juicy and full of flavor, so little nutritional value. I'll eat a healthy lunch, and healthy supper to make up for it. I promise.;)

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This morning I had waffles topped with apples sautéed in butter with dark brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.

So you like waffles but not cookies???

Waffles are a traditional breakfast food that takes me back to Grandpa's house. And besides, there are nutritious waffle recipes, with fresh fruit used as a topping. And yes, I like cookies, but not for breakfast. Now cold, pizza from the box on the counter top, that never got put away, that's a real man's breakfast! (or was that an immature young sailor's breakfast):LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

...And yes, I like cookies, but not for breakfast...

Haven't you ever had breakfast for dinner? You should try to expand your food horizons. Branch out a bit. After all, the cookies contain many of the same basic ingredients as the waffles - flour, sugar, fat. Tomato, tomahto, Chief.

Besides, I like cookies.

Haven't you ever had breakfast for dinner? You should try to expand your food horizons. Branch out a bit. After all, the cookies contain many of the same basic ingredients as the waffles - flour, sugar, fat. Tomato, tomahto, Chief.

Besides, I like cookies.

Reminds me of a classic Bill Cosby comedy routine, where he gave the kids cake for breakfast, as cake (and cookies) contain all the basic food groups.

Last edited:
Dawgluver said:
Reminds me of a classic Bill Cosby comedy routine, where he gave the kids cake for breakfast, as cake (and cookies) contain all the basic food groups.

"Dad is great! He gives us chocolate cake!"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom